Personality Traits

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to have more confidence and self-esteem, which would hopefully enable me to speak my mind when the need presents itself. As it is, right now I have to really be pushed to a certain point before I will open my mouth in defense.

I'm also very stubborn, though. I want things done my way and done now. If you can't do it, get out of my way and let me do it right.
That sounds terrible!!

And I wish I could let things go without obsessing about them. I'll analyze something to the point of insanity!

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much of a big deal I make everything. I'm such a drama queen. I take everything to the extreme. For example, if I want something, it's the best thing in the world and if I don't get it I WILL DIE!!
At the time it really does feel like that--not that I will die, but that it's THAT important, more important than anything before. It's like the saying "pick your battles" but everything seems like it's battle-worthy to me.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If PMS can be considered a "negative personality trait", then that's the only thing I wish I could change! I like my "normal" personality and those around me seem to really like it, too.

However when the PMS Monster takes over, for a whole week, I become an angry, moody, homicidal and snappy lil B-word. My (male) OBGYN says this is a part of being a woman so I should just "learn to deal".

But if I could change anything it'd be that one week a month where my personality becomes like something out of a sci-fi/horror flick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It's funny, I have been reading though the posts and I kept sayign " I'm like that, I'm like that!" I guess there really is a little bit of everything in each of us!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know none of you are going to believe this, but if I could change one thing about my personality, it would be to be less selfish.............

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would really like to be naturally organized, less of a procrastinator, less distractable, TIDIER. I would also like to be braver about speaking my mind and letting people in to see the real me; I have a tendency to keep conversations on a superficial level.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am impatient and pretty inflexible. I'm also a fierce perfectionist. And I'm relentless.

This works well for me when I'm pushing myself to get to the next level as a musician. Actually, those are some of the best qualities I can have as a working musician. I also work, work, work and don't stop until things are exactly the way I want them. I don't settle for anything less than exactly how I want it.

While this is all well and good as a perfromer, etc, when I have a bad day or I get stressed and can't keep this kind of below the surface...man, it gets ugly.

And surprisingly, my blood pressure is only 98/60

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

And surprisingly, my blood pressure is only 98/60
Your one of thooose people

I am so lucky to keep mine at 120/80, but man it goes up fast when I get mad. The expression "so mad you see red" is sooo true

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

I wish I could be more outgoing and confident in public. I would prefer to hide under a table than go about at a gathering being social. I can pretty much count the individuals on my right hand with whom I feel comfortable and confident in our friendship and feel able to be open, most of whom I was blessed with meeting here at tcs. I'm am also rather plagued by insecurity.

I have a rather odd, sometimes sarcastically toned sense of humor that I have to be careful to use only with those who know me well. Otherwise, I am quite often misunderstood.
I think you've perfectly described me there too! I'm happiest on my own, at home with my cats. I make all sorts of excuses not to go to social situations (dinners, parties, pubs, days out) because I never feel comfortable. Half the time I'm convinced everyone hates me and is just putting up with me because they feel sorry for me. I wish I didn't feel so insecure and could relax.

This is also probably why I'm single, and why I'm happy that way. I find it really, really hard to open up to anyone and any relationship for me would have to start as a friendship (which is kinda hard when I keep turning down invites!).

Blimey, writing it down makes me sound so sad! But I'm a happy bunny, honest!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Ok, Gail, Now I know why I like you...see my post above...

Everything you said above is ALSO me! especially especially especially that third line above! It like you work with me!

I wish you WERE there. Then the place would be run right!
But we would be exhausted by trying to outdo each other!!