Personal Space.... (little rant)

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always keep the cart behind me when I'm waiting in line .. this allows me to keep the person behind me at a good distance and I can stand back from the person in front of me.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

I was paying for gas yesterday, and the cashier's kid came in with the babysitter. She stopped ringing me up and started talking to the babysitter, ignoring the squalling brat. He came over to me and began kicking my shins. I got so mad, I couldn't see straight. I stepped back and he kept coming. I finally told the mother if she did not control her brat, I was going to jerk her across the counter and kick her a few times. She got the message. I am going to try to have her fired next time I see her boss. That is not the first incident with her.
In the grocery store I pretend I don't see people crowding me, wait until they are in range, and take a step backward. Getting their toes stepped on will usually make someone back up. If it is a cart they are crowding me with, a step back will push the cart back on them. I decided a long time ago that my personal space would not be violated by rude strangers. Mean? So what, I can't stand being crowded.
Good for you! I would've done the same thing with that rude cashier's kid!
As for the taking a step backward, I'll have to try that the next time I'm out shopping and let you know how it goes! I love that kind of thinking (evil? I don't think so. just "politely" letting people know that they are intruding in your personal space!)!!! and I REALLY hate rude intrusive people!