Persian Standars

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Of course, my husband says "you cat people are ALL colorblind" - he insists we do not have blue cats - they are grey - if they were blue they would be the color of Marge Simpson's hair

And red to him is orange....I'm still working on educating him on proper colors
He is right, blue would be marges hair
When you see a blue cat at a shelter they call them grey
I do use proper colors when I talk about mine though, I don't say I have a grey point, I have a blue point

I do have to disagree with him on the orange though, if they were orange wouldn't look like a basketball?

well good luck with the education

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, but you also have the shade of a orange fruit too

So I kinda compromise and call it "red-orange" or "blue-grey"....

At a show we had a person INSIST they had a grey/tan cat (it was blue cream) and nothing would convince them otherwise

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have flame point at all in the UK its just red point for all breeds and fur length. We also don't have lynx point which we call tabby point instead. I am always getting confused by these things. Eg. a colourpoint in the UK is a himi and the US its a Siamese cat with tabby or tortie points (CFA does not consider them Siamese so the are called Colourpoint shorthairs). The Javanese is the longhaired version of the colourpoint with would be a tortie and or tabby point Balinese in the UK.

Ok I'll stop clogging up your thread!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hahahahah! Color v Colour is a funny thing! I went to a British school as a child but during the Gulf war we moved to New Jersey with my uncle, my teacher used to mark my spelling of "colour" as incorrect. So I changed it moved back to the Gulf same thing happened changed. Went to college in the states you guessed it! So now I actually alternate between the spellings.

Poor GK bet you were not expecting a story!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but that's cute - I suppose that if we moved to England or Australia, I'd have to start spelling it the "other" way. What's more funny (to me) is that Australia (and I assume England) calls spay/neuter as "desexed".

I'm on the Cat World message board and it took a few mins to realize what they were saying....