Persian Ragdoll, What Am I?

VictoriaBisousTruffle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
Was sold as a Persian but everyone tells me she looks like a Ragdoll . What do you think? Persian Mix? Ragdoll :) something else x

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree, she looks more like a Ragdoll. A Himalayan (colorpointed Persian) would have a flatter face. She’s cute and looks very sweet!

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely not a Himalayan! Might be a Persian mix, an outcross with a very short haired Siamese. It's not a full blown Persian, sorry.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I googled pointed long haired Persian cats and these pics came up as Himalayan for what it's worth.
50-Himalayan-cat-27-e1463331724713.jpg himalayan-cat.jpg

I can see where someone would say it looks Ragdollish. It looks small for a RD but it is a kitten. I would think that a Persian would have a flatter face but if it's pet quality, maybe not. I think time will tell to be honest. What was the circumstances you got her under? Is she registered or any papers at all? If not, you can always do a DNA test. She a pretty girl though. posiepurrs posiepurrs has experience with breeding Persians. Maybe she will weigh in here. Welcome to TCS by the way!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without registration papers you have a beautiful pointed medium haired (right now) kitten. I would say that the kitten is probably Himalayan, albeit, a nonshow quality one. While the nose isn't short, I actually have a girl right now that I know is Persian and has a nose like that. Her father is a grand champion and mother a champion. Mother Nature just thought it would be funny to give me one that looked like a fox!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VictoriaBisousTruffle

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I googled pointed long haired Persian cats and these pics came up as Himalayan for what it's worth.
View attachment 211852 View attachment 211853

I can see where someone would say it looks Ragdollish. It looks small for a RD but it is a kitten. I would think that a Persian would have a flatter face but if it's pet quality, maybe not. I think time will tell to be honest. What was the circumstances you got her under? Is she registered or any papers at all? If not, you can always do a DNA test. She a pretty girl though. posiepurrs posiepurrs has experience with breeding Persians. Maybe she will weigh in here. Welcome to TCS by the way!
I really appreciate this thank you, she defo looks like the cat on the right, the fur is a little shorter :)