Persian Pees Over The Side Of Her Box

Yingling

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi catparents!

I need some advice. For some reason my sweetheart Persian thinks that she is supposed to pee over the side of her litterbox and I can't get her to stop. She'll get into the box, hang her bum out the door, and pee on the floor! It's kind of funny, but she has so far ruined my antique harwood floors in my old flat and now the linolium in my new one.
I thought that maybe she didn't want to go all the way into her box when there's faeces at the back, but she'll do it even when her box has just been cleaned. I've bought mats, but they don't really stop the flow. When I try to push her bum in, she thinks she is not allowed to pee in her box :headshake:

Save my floors! How do I get her to stop doing this?

ImYoungxD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
FYI, Iris black and white large is $15 which is a good deal. I just bought another one... I don't know why.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yingling Yingling : Hello and welcome to TCS. My Ruby girl pees standing up, so I ended up buying a high sided litter box and that solved the problem.

Is your girl's litter box a covered one? If so, maybe try one without a cover.

Also, how many litter boxes do you have? Some cats are picky and don't like to pee in the same litter box they poop in. Or even use a litter box that isn't clean. So maybe try putting out another litter box.

I ImYoungxD : welcome to TCS, as well.

We have a New Cats on the Block forum if either of you would like to "formally" introduce yourself and your cat(s).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for support. You could try adding another litter box in your apartment. As a rule the number of litter boxes should be the number of cats plus one.

Here are two TCS Articles that discuss different types of litter box problems which may be helpful for you:
How To Solve Litterbox Problems In Cats: The Ultimate Guide
The Litterbox: What Every Cat Owner Needs To Know

Best of luck! And please feel free to post a pic of your sweet Persian girl. :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yingling

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh wow, so much help so fast! Thanks guys, should have done this ages ago :)

Yingling the cat and I thank you and will be checking out alternative litter boxes ASAP! (Here is Yingling's thank you face ;)

Attachments