Perks!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm....probably the fact that no one really monitors when you stay and leave. I.e. I don't have to make arrangements or anything if I need to go to the Dentist or take 1 1/2 huors lunch...I get paid 8 hours regardless.

The only time I can't get paid 8 hours is if I work less than 7 though...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I also have great benefits, including tuition asssistance, a lovely paycheck, and have made friends here
Same goes for me..great benefits, good paycheck, and I have a couple of great friends I have made from my office.

I also get bonuses, and spa trips and random dinners paid for from my boss.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By working in the Operating Room, I know which surgeons are very good at what they do, and which surgeons I wouldn't let touch me (or my family) with a ten foot pole! Believe me....there is a whole spectrum of surgical skills out there, and unless you can see it firsthand...you can only hope for the best when you select a surgeon for yourself or your loved ones.

As far as real 'perks' go....not much. I think I can get a 10% discount on hospital services, providing I take the bill and the insurance EOB to the hospital business office. The hospital has a tuition reimbursement plan ($2000/year)...but if you use it, then you owe the hospital two years of service. Always a catch.