Percy's Home! (pic heavy)

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I met up with CatMom2Wires (Cally) this morning for the transfer of the little man. He's so tiny!! He did very well on the ride from Starbucks to our home, which is only about 15 mins or so. He's now ensconced in his cage and getting used to all the sights and sounds of his new furever home. I'm already in love with the little guy
, who's hissed at me because he was scared and purred for me when I was petting him. He's not eaten or pottied yet, but that will come when he's settled in. He has some dry food out, but we'll feed him some canned food at lunch time.

Being held by his new dad.

He has the most amazing colored golden-brown eyes.

My oldest cat snuck in the room and they met through the cage door. Notice his tail is a little poofy.

Fighting sleep. He almost fell asleep on our way home.

He started purring and kneading his bed before settling down.

Hannah watching over the little guy.

My husband has been in the room with him sitting in the chair next to his cage (which he moved over there, btw!) and talking to him. He's so concerned that the little guy is going to eat his litter! I told him (the husband) that Percy needs to settle in and then he'll be fine. He got a flea treatment this morning (Frontline) before leaving the breeder's house and we've seen a few fleas on him, so we'll treat the girls, wash the bedding, and probably get a flea comb to use on him. He loves being held and petted. Loves to have his belly rubbed already!

I know it was bittersweet for Cally to leave him with me this morning, but she didn't cry! We'll probably change his name, but we don't know what that's going to be yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, she is so much bigger than he is!
No hissing between them, though, so that's a good thing. I just went down the hall to his room again, and my DH is laying on the floor, Hannah's (the middle cat) is laying on the floor next to his cage, and he's snoozing away. Glad he's calmed down and is getting some rest. He's had quite an eventful morning!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! I hadn't kept up with the other thread, so I had no idea that you had adopted him!!! That's fantastic! What a great and lucky life this little guy is going to have. How lucky that Cally saved him, and how lucky that you took him in. Bless you all!!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is such a little cutie
I love his little eyes bless him. I reckon this time next week he will be king of the house lol x

taryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He looks exactly like Nuts when he was a baby. The eyes absolutely melt you, all Nuts has to do is give me his guilty look(his is a lot better than Attitude's, hers looks like she gloating) and I can't be mad at him.

Taryn

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So he's got Dad wrapped around his little paw already... how adorable.

I missed his other thread, but I will look for it now. So glad this little guy has a great and loving home!

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hate to admit to being quite this much of a crybaby, but this little guy's ongoing story has had me in tears so many times...like right now.

That Hannah...what a sweet girl, to watch over the new baby!

Also, funny how DH was the one who needed the convincing...and he is very obviously head over heels!

to little Percy for a smooth adjustment to his new forever home!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is what I've seen many times I've gone down the hallway to check on the little man.

Percy just ate a bit of canned food. He turns his nose up at the dry food that came with him, but he downed that canned food like it was his last meal! Poor guy! He's happily resting now.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhhh! How little Percy is. How sweet that Hannah is watching over him. And, yes, I have to laugh at your hubby. For all his concerns, he was quick to fall for the cute little guy. Congrats to you and to Percy on his new forever home.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gotta give dh credit---he TRIED to resist.

No, I didn't cry, but there was moisture--it just didn't breach the lower lids. I will say that I found myself unable to eat breakfast with my daughter after.

I can vouch for Stephanie and the dh---they will be WONDERFUL cat parents. They have such sweet and caring faces are were obviously instantly smitten.

If only ALL stories could have a fairy tale ending.

Again, thanks everyone for the support!

Cally

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with your new little guy, he is so sweet looking. Thanks for sharing the pics with us, I just love seeing pictures.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatMom2Wires

Gotta give dh credit---he TRIED to resist.

No, I didn't cry, but there was moisture--it just didn't breach the lower lids. I will say that I found myself unable to eat breakfast with my daughter after.

I can vouch for Stephanie and the dh---they will be WONDERFUL cat parents. They have such sweet and caring faces are were obviously instantly smitten.

If only ALL stories could have a fairy tale ending.

Again, thanks everyone for the support!

Cally
Thank YOU for taking in this little guy and finding him a good home.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a wonderful story
Always great to hear of a "TCS" adoption
Percy is a handsome little guy!
I have a brown tabby named Perseus that I call Persy for short....actually I call him Persy-Pants

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I also didn't read that bit in the other thread that you made the decision to adopt him! Nice!!
I'm so glad you were able to do so, and that your DH is happy with the new addition too, as clearly evidenced in the photo!!

That pic with the poofy kitten tail is too funny!!
I hope all the cats settle in ncieley and get along. Best of luck, and have fun!!

Oh, and don't forget to post more pics too!

alicatjoy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, not only did the little fella's original story have me, um, what's the new phrase Cally used (moisturized?), but the pic of his new daddy snuggling with him on the floor just about did me in! How sweet was that?! And, I, too, find it ironic that the guy who needed the convincing is now the one who has taken up permanent residence right next to the baby's cage. But, it's not that I can blame him -- that kitten has the name "heartbreaker" written all over him!

I think it's so wonderful that Percy (or whatever his new name will be) has been adopted by Stephanie and will be remaining in the TCS family. I can't wait to watch the little guy grow up. I'm sure he'll be a looker and, besides, I have no doubt he'll be full of antics and fun. Thank you to Cally for rescuing the baby and finding him a terrific home and to Stephanie (and her DH) for adopting Percy. From start to finish, he's been a lucky boy. And, just think, his future is looking pretty bright as well!

Enjoy the baby and please keep us updated with all his kitten antics. And, of course, we'll need tons of pics to see how he's doing

at129

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alison Joy

From start to finish, he's been a lucky boy. And, just think, his future is looking pretty bright as well!
You know, if you want to keep it simple, name-wise...I cannot think of a cat more deserving of the name LUCKY!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all. He is just precious. He's still a bit scared and he'll run and wedge himself in the corner of the cage when we go into the room, but that's completely understandable. He's eating and drinking, so we're doing okay there. Just need him to use the litter box. The husband has decided that he needs to be fed wet food every 4 hours during the day and free-fed dry.

Have to give a big hand and thanks to Cally for saving the little guy and for her neighbor who gave him a place to stay and took such good care of him up til now.