Pepsi or Coke?

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We need some more post,so here is one'
Can you tell if it is Pepsi or Coke? I can! I have been drinking Pepsi for 30 years!Yep,if I don't have it, I go in to withdrawel! Any body else?
PEPSI OR COKE?

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my, COKE all the way! I can't stand Pepsi, and yes, I can definitely tell the difference. I don't like when people think you can't tell the difference btw the two - they are like night and day!

And don't you hate it when a restaurant will say "we have coke instead of pepsi, is that ok?" and then look at you all annoyed when you say "NO, that isn't ok at all!"! (well for me it's the other way around)

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in Atlanta, GA. We're the Coke capital . . . lol.
I can tell the difference. I don't really like Coke or Pepsi, though
. . . too many bubbles. Orange Soda and Mello Yello are OK.

BTW, has anyone ever been to the Coke Museum down here? I grew up near it, so we went there for field trips in grade school.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That happened today! Ted & I went out for lunch and when I ordered pepsi,she said all we have is coke is that ok? I said NO I WILL HAVE A WATER!!! ,ya I know what you mean!LOLLike I won't know the difference!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neither! I really don't drink soda at all, unless there is some rum involved. In that case, either!

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't drink soda anymore, but I was a coke girl ALL the way. I do occasionally have a diet vanilla coke.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I started drinking only diet sodas, I have to say, Diet Vanilla Coke is my absolute favorite... Diet Cherry Coke isn't bad either, but the vanilla...
I actually like it better than the non-diet sort... it's more vanilla-y

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
as long as it is diet....remember those blindfolded taste tests? I am pretty sure that I wouldn't know the difference!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pepsi for me, too. Coke has a slight bite to it that I don't like at all. I will drink Coke if there is no Pepsi, but it's not the same.

But my favorite soda is Stewart's Key Lime. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find around here.

And a few years ago, Pepsi came out with a variety called Pepsi Kona, which was a coffee cola, and it was AWESOME! Unfortunately, it was only out for less than a year before they discontinued it.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of Pepsi Kona... ooohhhhh, I wish they'd bring back a diet form so I could at least try it...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a Coke girl myself. Diet Coke really. I can definitely tell the difference.

Speaking of rum and....have you guys had the new(ish) Vanilla Bacardi?
Of course, the easy way to do it at home is with Vanilla Coke, but at the bar they don't have Vanilla Coke. It is so good!!!!

cassandra_starr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,

I was a Mountain Dew girl before I started working to become more healthy. So now all I drink is water, orange juice (at breakfast for Vita C), and the occasional diet pepsi or diet coke (but VERY rarely).

Since I've started drinking more water, my teeth have gotten whiter, my hair shinier, and my skin prettier!

G

ghostuser

PepsiMax for me thank you!
And yes, I can tell the difference too, as Coke doesn't taste anything at all

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to say (sorry) that I find both Coke AND Pepsi undrinkable. I'm not big on fizzy drinks at all infact - occasionally I'll drink soda with white wine or bitter lemon with vodka.

Do those of you that have a preference put it down to just the taste of the drink or is it more a case of what you grew up drinking - just wondering . . . ?