People who "hate", "cant stand", "don't like"...CATS

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a confession...I didn't "like" cats either. I was a dog person, not a "cat" person. Then one day I went with my sister to look at a litter of Sphynx, just curious to see what they looked like in real life. The rest is history and now my keychain says I love my cat and I have a kitty sitting on my lap right now!

I am now a dog and cat person (along with my other animals, I love animals in general)
Funny thing, my husband didn't like cats either, but we love our Sphynx. She is just the best little thing. Our kitty has also quickly converted other friends and family members that claimed they didn't like cats and weren't cat people. She has that effect...

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bubba right now is sitting between my legs clawing the crap outta my biting and playing away...Just being himself (kinda painful when his claws actually go through my pants) but Id still never trade him for the world. My best friends hubbie hates cats and she wants one really really bad and I told her Im going to give her one for mothers day, he said he would take it outside and shoot it. Well I just sent her a pic of two spot and her hubbie saw it and commented wow hes actually a cute cat and she was like well thats perfect that you think so cuz thats two spot and hes coming home to live here. I guess this is now going to be the end of his "cat hating" yrs....

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bob'sMom

The women I know who don't like cats are extremely self-centered. They're into fashion, trips and accessorizing themselves. They're willing to have dogs because a little chihuahua can be toted around and people will look just because they have a dog as an accessory. I feel bad for those dogs because they'll never get the love they deserve.
This hasn't been true in my experience. Most people I know that claimed not to like cats didn't have little dogs (they had big dogs)

Along the lines of small dogs and purses and that generalization and sterotype...
My sister has a little Chi female who has a lot of clothes and her own purse and goes everywhere with my sister. That Chi has a better life than some people, she eats well, the best meals, is well groomed, has lots of soft beds and toys, and is very much adored and loves life. her Chi knows she is a dog, acts like a dog, and can play with my big dogs. My sister also owns cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

az<3me

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
today when Givi was sleeping on my chest and making funny noises i thought about God's miracles..and this little creature is a miracle itself! it has a personality, it brings so much happiness..it is so unusual, small furry aliens live with us.. make us happy and make us sad, they depend on us, on our love.. basically, domestic cat "made" to make people happy and cozy...it's God's gift..and when you start thinking about things like this u understand that it is impossible to love one creature and HATE another.. i mean thats at least foolish and how someone said above, its a sign of immaturity

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I should clarify that my brother has a chi and my grandmother had them when I was growing up. I do understand that most people dote on their dogs (I love dogs as well, just can't have one in an apartment) so that's not what I'm talking about. There is a group of people who see little dogs as accessories instead of pets. I do work with people who tell me they can't stand cats and can't understand why I have any since as one person put it "they're in the way."

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting topic. I am married now so I don't have to worry about a man not liking animals in general. Also I am not a very outgoing person so not many people come to my house just family and on occasion my landlord.

Well that said I don't really care if some people don't like ,can't stand or whatever, animals. As long as there are not causing any animal physical harm or any other harm because of their dislike than they are free to dislike all they want. Because in the grand scheme of things joe shmo not liking animals does not effect me as long as they are not harming them.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have nothing against people who don't like certain animals if they have a reason. If they have been attacked or something like that then I can understand it. But if someone says that they hate cats for example and you ask them why and they can't give a reason then I find that person to be ignorant and afraid to try new things.