:( People who don't respect my time!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two weeks ago I went to get my nails done on a Friday after work. I made an appointment for 5:15 pm.  I got there at 4:40 pm. I knew I would have to wait.   However, the guy who I had the appointment with took on a large project of new Gel Nails which takes about an hour to do.  So automatically he wa going to make me wait beyond my scheduled appointment time.  Not only did he end up going 15 minutes beyond my appointment time, but he decided he needed to have a coffee break before doing my nails, so I waited an additional 20 minutes!  That's 35 minutes late.

This time I figured I would go on a Saturday and book the very first appointment so I wouldn't have to wait. I booked for 10 am when the salon opened.

They were nearly 10 minutes late arriving to open the store!  After he opened the store, he just vanished.  When his wife sat down to remove the polish from my nails, I asked her where he went. She said "Breakfast!"  By this time it's nearly 10:15 am.   I sat there tapping my nails and playing with the bottle of nail polish, and she finally called him on his cell at 10:30 am.  She sauntered back in at about 10:40 am and stood in the aisle playing with the TV remote until about 10:45 am before finally starting on my nails!

I was pissed. I did leave a tip, but less than what I normally do, and I nicely pointed out that the reduction in tip was because I was kept waiting 45 minutes beyond my scheduled appointment.

It drives me crazy when people have no respect for their clients' time.  Appointments are booked for a reason!!

On a positive note. He does do a great job on my nails, and they turned out fabulous as usual.

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would find another nail salon that would appreciate your business and treat you with more consideration.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would find another nail salon that would appreciate your business and treat you with more consideration.
YUP!!!  I would find another place to go, then, if they ever call you, to ask where you've been, I would tell them straight up why!

It's understandable that sometimes you will have to wait 10mins. or so, because of their other clients running behind, etc.. but to

take another appointment, when he didn't really have the "allotted time" to do it, was disrespectful to you. I think sometimes they take advantage

of "regulars," because they know you will always be there. I say, "not if they keep treating you that way!"  They obviously need to learn a lesson.

"Good luck on your next appointment." I hope they got the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going back again in 2 weeks. I'm going to make an appointment for 10 am again. And if the guy keeps me waiting, I'm going to tell them that this will be my last appointment and let them know that I make an appointment for a reason and I expect to be taken in at that appointment time, especially when it's the first appointment of the day.

But you are right. They know I'll be back, so they're taking me for granted.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would not pay him for the time he was not at your appointment time.  I would take his fee and divide it by however many minutes it takes for him to do your nails, then subtract the amount he missed by fiddling around.  Maybe then he'd get the pic.  If he's not the owner, I'd also discuss this with the owner of the salon.  If he is the owner, I'd report him to the cosmetology board, the better business bureau, and another organization I can find.  Then, I'd look for another nail salon.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
That happened to me at my old hair salon. The beautician, who was also the owner (and my cousin!), would constantly run about 15 minutes or so behind schedule. For my December hair appt, I had made the appt back in October because I know how busy that place would get closer to the holidays. My appt was for 12:00 on a Saturday.

I got there at 11:45. At 12:15, I started getting upset as I had another appointment at 2:00 and I knew that she took awhile to do a color. DH came in at 12:30 and I'm still waiting. Here the woman had taken a walk-in client because it was just supposed to be a quick cut that turned into something weird. And there I was. I couldn't keep the appointment, told her so, and walked out.

She had the gall to tell Rick that I had called up at the last minute for the color and what was I to expect when I pulled that on her?!! I had made that appointment back in October! And she knew it as I always made my next appts when I was already there. I never just called her on the phone. Never.

I never went back and it was about a year or so later that she closed the shop, blaming the economy. I'd sooner think it was because she was so consistently late with her clients.

Your time is valuable. People cannot take advantage of you unless you let them.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All salons love walk-ins because it is unexpected income and a chance to acquire new customers.  Some salons take it too far and walk-ins get faster service than people with appointments.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would book my rdv for 15 mins earlyer than I wanted it if I was you and then be late, if they wanted to know why I was late I would say I was only working to there timetable, and I definatly wouldnt tip (but then we dont have to in europe only if we want to and if we are happy)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going back again in 2 weeks. I'm going to make an appointment for 10 am again. And if the guy keeps me waiting, I'm going to tell them that this will be my last appointment and let them know that I make an appointment for a reason and I expect to be taken in at that appointment time, especially when it's the first appointment of the day.

But you are right. They know I'll be back, so they're taking me for granted.

If you do that, I wouldn't tell him that your not coming back until after your nails are done.  You don't want him messing up your nails on purpose.

Yes, everyone has given good advice!