People that live in apartments....

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live out in the country but I don't leave my windows open because Tavia likes trying to catch the birds outside too much. And if she ever got out my dad's outside dog would kill her. And I couldn't live with myself if something happened to my baby girl.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it depends on the cat. While mine LOVES the window, and will Meow relentlessly to have it opened she does NOT want to go outside even when I have to take her to the vet. Strange cause she was only stray/wild 6 weeks ago. It's almost like she's like "NOOOOO, I'm a princess now!!! Your not making me go back to the wiiiiiiild!!!! I have neeeeeeds!!!!!"

And I leave the 1 window open for her everyday while I'm gone. She loves the sounds as we have woods on the side of the house. I even put up a bird feeder on the tree outside the window so she could "bird watch".... and squirrel watch, and bunny watch, and yesterday we even saw a chipmunk! She came and got my attention and had me follow her back to her window to see it!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in an apartment where the balconies are joined so I do not let Duke and Sibohan out on the balcony in case they go visit the neibors.
My firnd Lauren lets her nwe kittty out on her balcony because it is free standing and has no neibors she could escape to.
I think it all depends on your balcony situation