People suck

bumblebee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mum gave her cat to a very lovely family when she got pregnant, but my mum had absolutely no one to clean the kitty litter, and she didn't want the kitty to suffer. ;_;

But alas, if a person has another person to clean the kitty litter/feed the kitties and bend over, etc, then they should very well get that person to do it instead of just dropping off the cat at a kill-shelter.

for the kitties.

usameisje

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WOW. When I couldn't decide between all the kitties available at the cat rescue, I ended up picking the cat that matched the furniture because I just couldn't decide between all the sweet cats there.

Now that I have gotten to know her, and trained away the bad habits she picked up at the rescue, she is an amazing pet and there is no way I could ever get rid of her. I wasn't going to get rid of her when she was biting and scratching either.

I am glad you think I am such a horrible pet owner and should never have given a home to a cat that scratched and bit anyone who came near it.

You can talk to adopters and quickly figure out who is the "disposapet" type, and who is not. Sometimes your guesses will be wrong, but this is true no matter what screening procedure you do.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a huge difference between someone not being able to choose and going with the one that matches the furniture and the one who walks in and says they want a x coloured cat and nothing else because they HAVE to match the furniture.

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LawGuy

There was a lady down here I remember who dropped her dog off at the humane society because she redecorated the house and the dog didn't match the color scheme.

People do suck. I've known that for years.
I know a woman who has a white dog, so that she can dye its fur to match things...

When I worked at the Vet Clinic we had two cats come in, both black. One was 8 the other was 2... the owners wanted them both declawed because they had a new born baby at home.

I will NEVER EVER have a cat declawed after hearing that sound.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Breellablue

I know a woman who has a white dog, so that she can dye its fur to match things...

When I worked at the Vet Clinic we had two cats come in, both black. One was 8 the other was 2... the owners wanted them both declawed because they had a new born baby at home.

I will NEVER EVER have a cat declawed after hearing that sound.
8 years old is waaaay too old to declaw a cat!!! I think 2 is too old, as well. Not that I would EVER declaw ANY cat!!!!!!!

Did the vet do it???

breellablue

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup. Only thing he ever refused to do was to euthanize healthy animals, which we got calls for A LOT.

"Excuse me, I need to make an appointment to have my dog put to sleep."
"Can I have the dogs age?"
"four"
"Medical condition?"
"Um-- we are moving and can't keep him."
"Why not try a shelter, or rescue group?"
"He wouldn't get along well with any other people but me."

People truly do suck, the only time I have EVER seen an animal that needed to be put to sleep who was otherwise healthy was service dogs-- So bonded to their owners that when the owners pass they get so depressed that it becomes a health issue.