People should stop being so discrimatory!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

OH i bet you do... You must deal with this way more then I do... I don't get why we live in a "FREE Country" but still have to deal with ignorant self absorbed idiots!!!
My thought exactly. As long as you are responsible in what you do, people should mind their own business
In my case, I do understand and support fair and reasonable regulations that support responsible ownership. But a ban is just wrong, period and BSL (breed specific legislation) is wrong as well. Free country? Well, I think that idea is fading very fast, sad to say

jcottonl02

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand what you are saying- breeds should not be banned becuase of their breeds- there would be many of that breed that are angels- however I would rather ban a breed in a country than let any more little children get mauled to death by one for no reason, which happens more with some breeds than another.
But you can never be fair in that kind of situation. Which is what makes it so much harder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

My thought exactly. As long as you are responsible in what you do, people should mind their own business
In my case, I do understand and support fair and reasonable regulations that support responsible ownership. But a ban is just wrong, period and BSL (breed specific legislation) is wrong as well. Free country? Well, I think that idea is fading very fast, sad to say
Very sad to say,, the ideal of Free country is fading.. BSL and bans,, are wrong.. period...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcottonl02

:O I hope your not suggesting I pidgeon hole breeds!!!! I most certainly do not!! As I have already said in this thread many times I do not do that and I happen to love big dogs that have rather vicious reputations.
I am not for a minute- and please stop suggesting this- that I am saying all labradors are nice and all pitt bulls etc are nasty because, and I cannot stress this enough, I do not!!!
I'm just stating how some breeds seem to get into more trouble than others and some have generally better temperaments than others. It's what dog experts say- not me lol.
I was just watching the 10 o clock news and there was this little girl who was mauled to death by their pet Pitt Bull Terrier. Now I am not saying (I just have to stress this because I dont want to be accused of anything) that all pitt bulls are like this becuase this killing happened to a little girl at the hand (or should I say teeth) of a pitt bull. It's just I have never heard of a labrador mauling a little child to death, but I've heard of lots of Pitt Bulls.
I work at a vets and the vets say they will be very careful of putting their heads near German Shepherds and Greyhounds etc. and NOT becuase they are pidgeon hole-ing the breed- just becuase it's what their experience has taught them.
I love all animals- I do not discriminate, but you cannot suggest that all breeds of dog all have the same temperement- sometimes you get breeds that are just more naturally aggressive. Of course, it depends a lot on the owner- but also on the breed sometimes. I would have any breed of dog- I love them all. Although in saying that I weigh just over 8 stone so getting something like a Great Dane which could drag me down the street if it wanted too might not be such a great idea. I'll have to start developing the old arm muscles before I consider chancing that pain and er....humiliation
lol!
I had stated that I didn't mean nothing towards you:
Not to be rude or mean towards you, My comments are made to those who pigeon hold breeds, but really I don't think it matters the breed..
Just wanted to clarify..

penelopecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sorry you are having to deal with such ignorance! I haven't had much experience with Rotties except that there was one in my dog's obediance class and he was a sweetheart. So well-trained!

I think one of the reasons that some people have a fear of breeds like rotties and pit bulls is the way the media hypes them. And unfortunately there are some jerks who are attracted to those breeds because of that reputation that the media gives them. In the apartment complex where we live, we're having problems with a very aggressive pit bull, and the neighbors are trying to get management to insist this guy get rid of his dog. It's not because of a reaction to the breed. It's because this guy is training his dog to be aggressive.
Everytime his dog sees my little dog, he goes crazy and lunges and snarls. The guy laughs and encourages him! He says it's natural for his macho dog to want to eat my "assinine little wimpy thing." And now the dog is starting to lunge and snarl at people. This idiot initially got a labrador puppy. He had him for only a month and he returned him because he thought the dog wasn't masculine enough. Idiots like him get these dogs because they think they'll be more aggressive and then they teach them to reinforce that bad reputation.

aktotx

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finally got pictures of the beasts haha

Lola

Lola sleeping yes she sleeps weird

Belle she loves to sprawl out on the floor

Lola eating her bone

Sallie our mixed mutt (shephard, pit bull and something else I would guess)

mrs.harris

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you had to deal with people like that!! My parents got my first Rottweiller when I was 3 years old and then I got a pit bull when I was 9!! They were both sweet, gentle, loving dogs. Of course, they are smart, they can be trained attack, and if they feel that they are in danger they have instincts to protect themselves. But, I was never even bitten, growled at or anything!! It is your pet and your choice. You are not a bad mother for it, I loved those dogs, as a matter of fact I had one sleeping with me til I was like 13
The meanest thing Omega did ( the pit bull) was eat my gerbil, and he had it coming!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by aktotx

Finally got pictures of the beasts haha

Lola

Lola sleeping yes she sleeps weird

Belle she loves to sprawl out on the floor

Lola eating her bone

Sallie our mixed mutt (shephard, pit bull and something else I would guess)
OMG,, SOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are pictures of our new family Spike... and of our girlie girl,, Sheba

Spike and Daddy:

Spike - "My Close Up Please"

Sheba (on the left) and Spike laying down (onthe right)
Spike is much much bigger then Sheba

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww your puppies are all so cute. I've only ever had cats (and a rabbit) in my lifetime, but i've never been attacked by someones dog. So many people go walking with their pups, and alot of them i am allowed to approach and pet, and i've always been fine on a first meeting.

At our other house years ago we had a cop and his pregnant wife move in, with a big beautiful Belgian shepherd by the name of Suzie. If ever i was in the front yard she would jump up against the fence and bark a little or stare at me curiousely. I finally got to see what she was like when they went away and i dog sat for a fortnight. Apart from the fact that she could pull me along with no effort when i took her for a walk, when we were resting, she'd just plop down onto my feet and beg for a belly rub. This thing was as big as me standing up! lol.

My aunt also has this smaller but beautiful pup who looks like a kelpie with beautiful golden eyes. He was SUCH a tart and would just lick you and roll on your feet and give you pawshakes. He would even try jumping up onto your lap!

Tristans pups are little, Bella is a silky x shihtzu and Rhani is a terrier x. They can scare the crap out of you when theyre play fighting, they really bark and bare their teeth lol. But they're so loveable.

Some people i don't understand. I'm not a dog owner, but i've never had bad experiences.