Pennsylvania beauty

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
On Sunday, early afternoon, I was sitting out in the shed, watching Sherlock Holmes on Prime. (I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan as well as a Robert Downey, Jr. fan) And eight deer ran down the hill and right past the northern window in the shed! I could have reached out the window and touched them, they were that close! I was so shocked I just sat there. Then I quickly got up and headed outside to see where they went. They ran behind the shed and trees on the property line and across the road. Beautiful. Just beautiful. It's rare to see eight deer at one time around here. Our limit is usually three and, rarely, four.

Yesterday Rick went out to the shed to get something. And when he came back out of the shed, he saw the largest gaggle of geese he's ever seen. They were flying north and all he could hear was their honking. He said it was beautiful, both to see and to hear.

It's a little strange that geese are already flying north and it's just the end of January. But he said he was really glad that he happened to step outside just in time to watch them. Part of the beauty of living in Pennsylvania.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
On Sunday, early afternoon, I was sitting out in the shed, watching Sherlock Holmes on Prime. (I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan as well as a Robert Downey, Jr. fan) And eight deer ran down the hill and right past the northern window in the shed! I could have reached out the window and touched them, they were that close! I was so shocked I just sat there. Then I quickly got up and headed outside to see where they went. They ran behind the shed and trees on the property line and across the road. Beautiful. Just beautiful. It's rare to see eight deer at one time around here. Our limit is usually three and, rarely, four.

Yesterday Rick went out to the shed to get something. And when he came back out of the shed, he saw the largest gaggle of geese he's ever seen. They were flying north and all he could hear was their honking. He said it was beautiful, both to see and to hear.

It's a little strange that geese are already flying north and it's just the end of January. But he said he was really glad that he happened to step outside just in time to watch them. Part of the beauty of living in Pennsylvania.
Oh my! Where are you exactly? It sounds like you are in Paradise. :redheartpump: :redheartpump:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele and I have been all over Pennsylvania, from Lancaster in the east to Mercer in the west; and Susquehanna in the north to Johnstown and Altoona in the south, and yes it is pretty. We also see geese, but with Lake Ontario to our north, and it is too deep to freeze, we have them all year around.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother was born in Forest City, PA. Loved spending time there as a child while visiting
my grandmother. I don't know why she went back there to live afer they moved to Ohio.
So pretty around there. It is still small, I don't even think there are over 1000 people living there.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele and I have been all over Pennsylvania, from Lancaster in the east to Mercer in the west; and Susquehanna in the north to Johnstown and Altoona in the south, and yes it is pretty. We also see geese, but with Lake Ontario to our north, and it is too deep to freeze, we have them all year around.

I use to live in New Hope, and Sayre/Athens Pennsylvania. It is a beautiful state.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that about living in a more rural location. Of course it means driving at night you have to be careful. Especially around some of the more wooded areas where you can't see them coming. But still! The robins never really left here this winter. I don't see them every day; but I see them around in little groups. I also haven't seen the woodpeckers and titmice as much as I did last winter; so they must be finding food elsewhere. I have only had one suet block out! Last winter I went through a bunch!