Peeing on the couch, on the bed, everywhere!!!

chikakt36

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have two 8 month old cats(brother and sister) that I absolutely adore. They are very cuddly and loving! They are both fixed and we have had them since they were 6 weeks old. Now that I think about it, we have had extreme problems with the male cat and his need to urinate everywhere. He has always peed on our guest bed and whatever blankets got left on it by guests. He also pees on any clothing left around. We are now diligent about putting away clothes and we bought a Nature's Miracle Just For Cats spray and thoroughly cleaned and sprayed down the guest mattress. He no longer goes on that mattress. Now, he has taken to peeing on our couches. He always does it when we are home, practically right in front of us!! We have caught him 4 times! We always clean them with the Nature's Miracle spray which means he pees on a new cushion each time. My boyfriend and I are so fed up, but we don't agree with giving him away just because of this problem. How can we remedy this??? We are going to take him to the vet to see if it is a bladder infection, but I don't think so because he does go in his box. Please help!!

kat013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear you're taking him to the vet.  I've heard stories of people whose cats pee outside the box - right in front of them - as if trying to tell them "something is wrong, something hurts, please help me!".  My roommate had a cat who got a UTI and would pee on his bed, on soft fabric things, etc.

Keep us updated on what the vet says.

ln6271

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As a last resort, would you consider trying him in a kitty diaper? I've used them before and had success. The ones I use are made of cotton and are machine washable. They have a tail hole in them so the kitty can poop in the litter box normally--it only catches the pee. I put half of a human incontinence pad in them and it will hold whatever pee most kitties produce in 10-12 hours so I would only have to change the pad a couple of times a day.