Peeing on my bed! Please Help

princessmelania

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, first we caught prescious peeing on our bed. We took him to the vet and they couldn't get a sample from him, but they gave us meds for him and he seems fine now. Today I caught Rogue peeing on our bed!!!! I don't know what to do!!! She sleeps there at night and I thought they didn't pee where they sleep! I have used almost every enzyme cleaner i have come across, I have steam cleaned the bed and I have used bleach on the bed to clean it, i have changed litter boxes and litter and I now have a total of 6 litter boxes in my house. We took her to the vet and she's fine. We've started putting all three of the cats in the basement when we are not home (5 of the boxes are down there) and letting them up only when we can see them. Today I was cleaning our guest bathroom and left my bedroom door open and that's when she peed. this is the 4th time and My husband will make me get rid of her if this happens again. Please help me. I don't know what else to do.

rugthugs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. Both of my queens will pee dead center of my bed if they can get in. Is your girl spayed? Hormones make them do lots of hard to live with things!
My girls are now simply not allowed in the master bedroom. Ever. My kittens and neuter are fine and sleep with me no problem.

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had the same problem with my Isadora. The main problem is that, once they pee on the bed, even if it's cleaned up, the cat can most likely still smell the pee (even if the smell is not detectable to the human nose), which is what attracts them (or other cats) back to pee again.

We centered our problem on stress, and the fact that the little "princess" needs to have an immaculate litter box at all times. Isadora isn't allowed in our bedroom when we aren't watching anymore, and we put a plastic cover on the mattress to protect it, just in case.

We use Nature's Miracle to clean it up, if it does happen. It takes good care of the smell that us humans can smell.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Isadora44

I had the same problem with my Isadora. The main problem is that, once they pee on the bed, even if it's cleaned up, the cat can most likely still smell the pee (even if the smell is not detectable to the human nose), which is what attracts them (or other cats) back to pee again.

We centered our problem on stress, and the fact that the little "princess" needs to have an immaculate litter box at all times. Isadora isn't allowed in our bedroom when we aren't watching anymore, and we put a plastic cover on the mattress to protect it, just in case.

We use Nature's Miracle to clean it up, if it does happen. It takes good care of the smell that us humans can smell.
There are a couple of excellent points mentioned here. First being a stress or obstinate behavior due to something they are unhappy with and can't communicate other wise. It is not uncommon for cats to do this when they are angry with us, if you think about it where is a better place to get the point across then where you spend 70% of your time when home..........the bed! Second is that once one of your cats has done this, it is virtually impossible to completely remove the scent mark, therefor possible target practice has been inspired to the others. Even though the first kitty may have had a UTI, this is the main symptom of this behavior, the scent may still be there and even though you need to keep them out when not there, it may be causing them to show their disagreement by repeating this whenever they can. Your challenge is that most likely there are different reasons for each doing this.
My beloved kitty Pandi, she was a vengeful one that would pee and sometimes poop on my bed, BUT when, and only when, she was very upset with me.....It had happened 3 times in her 16 years, first when I was in London for 13 days and my roommate looked after her( he didn't even know she had done it!), and he was around her more then half her life! Second time her litter was to used for her(completely my fault
). Third I was away for 8 days and asked a friend to care for her, at this point, kind of expected it......!

mytoys2u

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try Feliway --- it comes in a spray bottle ... it has kept our cat problem under control (mostly).

You have to "re-fresh" and "re-spray" every so often, but the Feliway keeps them from using the bed.

I'm in the same spot with my husband. He is extremely frustrated with one of our cats who for some unknown reason likes to pee in inappropriate places. She poops in the litter box just fine.

We also use CAT ATTRACT litter ... I think it has helped too.

I don't like the peeing either but I would not give up my cat over it ... Guess I handle the frustration better than my husband.