Peeing On Bed!

Bcaserta

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 2 1/2 year old tabby keeps peeing on my bed mostly when I'm gone but occasionally when I'm home too! She's a very spoiled kitty. Her litter box is very large, scooped every day, and fresh litter change every sunday! She is very needy and does have separation anxiety. She hates when I leave but I have to go to work. She started peeing on my bed when my boyfriend was visiting for a couple weeks, I assumed it was because he was taking her spot. But after he left she continued to do it everyday! I took her to the vet and she does not have an infection and he offered no advice but shut my door. I bought feliway spray and spray it on everyday. She was receptive too it so I left my door open and left for 30 minutes and came home to pee on my bed! I don't know what to do. I can't keep cleaning her pee off my bed everyday. Anyone have any other tips?

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it is because the boyfriend. New person, new smells. Takes time for her to adjust it all. This has happened to me before.

Make sure the smell is completely gone as well because she will continue to pee there. When she does use her box, praise her and reward her with a treat and ton of love.

I hope it all works out for you and your girl. ❤

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bcaserta

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought it was my boyfriend but he left almost 2 months ago (he lives in ca and i live in oh but shes never done this when hes visited before and hes been coming around for 5 years) and she's still doing it! And she is still peeing and pooping in her litter box but she just likes to pee on my bed too!

I think it is because the boyfriend. New person, new smells. Takes time for her to adjust it all. This has happened to me before.

Make sure the smell is completely gone as well because she will continue to pee there. When she does use her box, praise her and reward her with a treat and ton of love.

I hope it all works out for you and your girl. ❤

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... interesting and odd. Just a few thoughts.

Maybe time to get another kitty box in the house?

Have you changed the litter type? That usually does it too. Cats usually don’t like change.

You can put something on your bed that makes a weird sound and that will scare her and maybe won’t make her pee on it no longer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bcaserta

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Should I put another litter box in my room, or would that confuse her? I was going to try and put a shower curtain liner on my bed but I'm just worried I'm not treating the underlying problem and she'll just start peeing in a new spot!

Hmmm... interesting and odd. Just a few thoughts.

Maybe time to get another kitty box in the house?

Have you changed the litter type? That usually does it too. Cats usually don’t like change.

You can put something on your bed that makes a weird sound and that will scare her and maybe won’t make her pee on it no longer.

murphyboy

Murphy’s Mom
Young Cat
Purraise
Try these:

I would just take out your cat box, the one your room and put the box somewhere quiet/safe. Then, close your bedroom door. Not letting her in. I know it may seem evil and cruel, but it might solve the problem.

Or, the shower curtain idea might work. You can give it a try. See what happens.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bcaserta Bcaserta - I've only had this happen once - with two feral cats who were brought into the guest house, and who - after some weeks of using the litter boxes straightaway - began peeing on one of the chairs. My only thought at the time was to move a litter box onto the chair in the hope that it would send a signal to use the boxes. Magically, it worked. Whoever had used the chair then used the new box on the chair once, and then apparently went back to using the regular litter boxes again. Whether this truly was the proper solution one can't say, since it solved only a single incident, but I'd certainly try placing a new litter box on the bed, directly over the spot where she's been peeing. If it doesn't work out, you still have the option of changing boyfriends.

;)