Peeing on bed and blankets

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's 10months old and has been fixed at 4 months old. I adopted him when he was 8 months old and he has peed on one bed when we first got him and we figured it was due to stress so we cleaned it up and he's never done it again.
Well up until recently he has peed three times now, one on our bed and twice in an old wicker basket that used to belong to our old cat. Do you think it's related to that? We just threw the basket out and everything else he has peed on so we shall see.
Also another question. How do I get the cat pee smell out of the matress? Our matress is brand new so throwing it out is not an option. We've tried diluted vinegar but you can still smell it. Help.
Sorry for the long one lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention that he still uses his litter box to pee as well.

raven67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cats are doing the same thing!! But worse!
It started when one cat got a bladder infection and started peeing everywhere. Now all the cats are doing it and it just seems hopeless. The cats are nearly 15 years old.
My husband wants to have them euthanized because they are destroying the house. They've peed everywhere from on the walls and carpet to countertops, clothes, and stovetop. It's bizarre!
I've no idea what to do. I've run out of ideas. I do not want my cats euthanized simply because they've become an inconvenience, but the truth is that my husband and I are constantly stressed and arguing over this, and nothing I do seems to work. I've tried everything from pheromone calming sprays to cat urine cleaners. Help!!!!

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah my husband is definitely the most unhappy one as well and it's hard cause I love this cat already he's a big mamas boy and I want to give him a chance and try to figure out exactly what's going on in his little head.

raven67

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I completely understand and empathize with you.
The cats are family just like the human members of our household. It's difficult when something like this is going on.
I'm a Reiki practitioner and relaxation therapist. I also do intuitive work. Coincidentally enough, I work with animals as much as I work with people. I've tried energy work and assessing the situation from an intuitive perspective as well. I do know Zeta ( the cat who had the bladder infection ) is very stressed even still from the introduction of my daughters cats two years ago, but I can't get an answer as to what can help her. We've tried many ways of relieving her stress including more attention, keeping her in our room with us away from the other cats for periods of time, and both calming treats and calming sprays. Nothing stops the peeing. I'm stumped. And another thing to add is she has begun aging at an alarming rate. She looks like a 22 yr. old cat and has dropped weight. The others still look young and are normal weight.
Zeta ACTS happy but I know she's stressed. But I can't figure out what else to do. But they are indeed destroying the wood and carpeting. Every day I'm scrubbing and cleaning. I'm worn out.

bluesmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little guy is only 10 months old so I'm really hoping this won't be an ongoing problem all his life. Really hoping it's due to him not liking our previous cat smell from the basket she used to sleep in

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise