Pee, vomit, drool or hairball

cuddlemum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello I found this on my bed this morning, my cat bear usually sits in that spot.
Is it a hairball, pee or vomit? I can't work it out.
Background info, never found anything like this before and new to cats.
We have had a Tom cat stray hanging around, and it has been stressing him out at first then he seemed to be okay then found this. I washed it with normal laundry powder.
I cleaned the mattress with water and vinegar and then bi carb of soda and a bit of preen laundry soaker and dishing washing liquid. Cleaning info I found on net. I don't have any Enzemye stuff but Landry soaker has oxy action in it.
Must add he is desexed and it didn't have a over powering smell, it was wet when I found it and could not work out what it as and still can't. It smelled a little but not heaps. Does a desexed male pee really stink? Help. Today I have been trying to scary the tom cat away with water and chasing it away. I even put my cats poo outside where I have seen it sit and poo itself and just left it there. Even left my cat out on his leash to sniff around hoping he will leave his scent and scare the other cat off, but it came back. Have blocked off my cats view to most of the Windows where the cat has been. Left the sliding door so we can have a access point for the water spray.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That looks like residual vomit to me, and I clean that up a lot from my boys. The reason he puked could well be due to the stress of another cat hanging around, or it could be something else. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was from getting upset over the tom.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is vomit. I think you are fine with the cleaning products you have used. 

It is the pee, poop smell that you want the enzyme cleaner. 

Poor kitty. 

Is that a stray that is hanging around? If it is, I would call a TNR group or the local no kill shelter. Either they or someone who is affiliated with them, can trap the stray.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cuddlemum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have no idea if it's a stray. I did the wrong thing at first cos I fed it and my cat looked like he was fine with it. He was rolling over near the window etc and never hissed or anything. Outside cat would hiss and growl, but my cat looked like he wanted to play.
First time he saw it he charged at the window and it ran off. Second time he was thrashing his tail and then he stopped doing anything I thought he calmed down with the cat then it kept coming back everyday. And my cat I thought was wanting to be friends. So we fed it. It looks like it has no home my daughter and I could pat it and it was ok, but with food it was growling and possessive and was eating as fast as he could, I know I did the wrong thing but I felt so sorry for it as it looks only young. Ever time my cat got too close he would the outside cat would hiss and growl. He is only little cat possible a kitten. My cat is bigger than an average cat so I thought it was odd. To me it looked like my cat was being submissive to it. D

And people neglecting animals makes me mad. I love animals. I really don't know much about cats and only learning. I really thought my cat was ok with the outside cat. But I noticed my cat has been more vocal which he isn't unless hungry.
I feel so bad for my cat [emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji][emoji]128549[/emoji] I didn't mean to stress him out so much. I love him to pieces.
I just didn't know what to do with the other cat.
My husband is a volunteer at RSPCA on a Saturday in the call centre but it's all in the same place, he said he will catch it if it's here before he goes.
I want to help strays etc but not if my cat going to be stressing out over it and puking or peeing all over the place.
It's so hard with cats to know if they stressed they so well at covering it up.

Last edited: