Pee on fur after urinating

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When my kittens were having diarrhea I would monitor their litter box activity constantly and would pick them straight up after they defecated to avoid it getting on their feet. Sometimes if it was particularly liquid I would lift them while defecating. It's a hassle, but maybe you all could do something similar right before your cat urinates, like lifting the behind up to a reasonable height and holding it there until they finish. That might train them to do it themselves. Only do this if your cat doesn't get agitated though, especially with males since you don't want them to get urination anxiety and hold it in.

wagalaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I realize this post is quite old, but I am commenting just to see if anyone has found any lifehacks for cats with this issue?

I adopted a cat which is about 7 or 8, in good shape, but often squats down too low, or accidentally steps in his urine. It's not all the time, but often enough that it's a concern.

He's not suffering from any issues with his legs or spine, but we give him soup to keep him hydrated, since like many cats he isn't much of a drinker. When we give him soup he really likes, he gulps it down way too fast. I have a feeling this could be part of the issue, in that sometimes he pees more than he's accustomed to dealing with.

He's in excellent health, and a very happy cat.