Pebbles is going to have to go back to the vets

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had no idea about any of this. Book tigger... bless your heart. This is so hard I know. Poor little kitty girl.

I am praying for your baby that her scabs/cancer/leg all heal rapidly. This poor baby has been through alot. She is probably so grateful you have her. Not many people would take a 10 yr old cat and give her the quality of life that you are bestowing on her. Thank god for people like you.

You will be blessed and I pray that her recovery is part of that blessing.

With much love and prayers for both of you, Jenn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the prayers, they do mean a lot. She is very lucky to have someone like me, although I dont think she will agree at times - she hadn't had a vet visit in years before coming to me, and is now up there at least once a month!! I hope her recovery is part of my blessing, but even if it isn't, I am blessed by sharing my home with these oldies, and knowing that whatever happens, I can say that I gave them the best life I could, and that they went happy and loved, and that is why I take on the oldies, however hard it is at times. Fortunately she is the only one with any major health queries (both boys have slight health issues, but nothign that ever concerns me!!)

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor sweet Pebbles! Hope the steroids help. BTW, she is beautiful!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I am blessed by sharing my home with these oldies, and knowing that whatever happens, I can say that I gave them the best life I could, and that they went happy and loved, and that is why I take on the oldies, however hard it is at times.
You are an inspiration.
Thank you.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - have been on hol this week, so not caught up on the computer yet. The vet is happy with her nose, and has given her another steroid injection, and we go back in 2 weeks to check how well this one has worked, as it is a slightly different injection. i did forget to ask about any side effects (had the two boys with me too!!). She has put weight on though, which is really good. Tom has put a slight bit of weight on, and Ginger has lost a slight bit, so all in all, a pretty good (and cheap) vet visit!! And I Got home today to find Tom, PEbbles and Molly all very close on the bed, and Tom and Pebbles looked like they were holding paws!! Will post pics later, as it was so sweet - Tom loves PEbbles and Molly, but they tend to have a go at him for licking them!!

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like good news concerning Pebbles; got my fingers crossed that the steroids continue to help.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw, I can't wait to see the pictures.... and that is great that Pebbles is gaining weight!!!

When I take one of mine to the vet, they all gather round the crate before I leave and act like something bad is fixing to happen. And then they are all so happy when we get back. And I bet your kitties know that Pebbles is not feeling all the way up to par and they are staying close to her to make her feel better.

I read somewhere that cats purring helps them stay healthy and actually makes broken bones heal faster. So possibly they were helping her by laying close. They sound very bonded with each other.

I will watch for some pics dear Booktigger.........

Jenn and the gang.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was weird actually as while the 3 of them sleep on my bed a lot, they aren't normally close!! Me and my friend joke that Tom loves PEbbles, but she doesn't normally tolerate him (and did have a spit at him a few hours later), maybe things are changing now, as he has been here nearly 13 months. Here are the pics

and a close up

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your fur kids look so comfortable.

I am sending lots of healing vibes for Pebbles sweet nose.

jcribbs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, let me get their names straight. Pebbles is the Tux, Molly is the black and Tom is the one in the rear with the black spots on the front of his face? Is that right?

Molly, Tom and Pebbles are so cute. I love their names. They sound like names I would choose. They looks so cute and love their big bed. That's how mine are too.

I'm so glad you posted the pics!!! And you know since Tom is a boy, the big girls might be bossing him around.... And he loves his little women. You can tell...

Jenn

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's right. I have a thread in Fur Pics (Houseful of Oldies) that have pics of the others. They have all come named - and Tom is nearly 4kg heavier than either PEbbles or Molly!!! In fact, I think if you add their weights together, it is less than Tom's.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcribbs

Not many people would take a 10 yr old cat and give her the quality of life that you are bestowing on her. Thank god for people like you.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Pebbles is a very beautiful girl and I wish her all the best and many healthy years ahead!