Pay Pal? URGENT! I am freaking out....

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're interested in reading more, this type of scenerio isn't necessarily identity theft, even if someone obtained your password information (then its just merely hacking).

However the term is Phishing. You can read about all sorts of phishing scams that are going on at: http://www.antiphishing.org/

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While its not identity theft, it can lead to it since PayPal has your credit card info and other stuff. Take a look at what's REALLY going on out there. Its scary and its only the tip of the iceberg.

Most people don't even know they are victims for a year or two (if they are lucky). Check out the stuff on the underground buying/selling of info if you don't believe me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a phishing scam! DO NOT click the link and enter your information! If you clicked the link, run a virus scan immediately, as well as an adaware scan

Send the email to paypal in accordance with this which I got directly from their help area at their website:

Question :
How do I report a fraudulent PayPal email or website?

Answer :
If you think you've received a fraudulent PayPal email, forward it to [email protected] and delete it from your email account. If you come across a fraudulent PayPal website, contact our Customer Service team.

For the latest tools to help protect your identity and avoid fraudulent emails, log in to your PayPal account and click the Security Center link.

heavenangels

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
RI the littlest stop on the map..........
Try not to worry everyone here was a great help.

Have you contacted the credit card company or your bank to see if there was a transaction change on your credit card if not you need to let them know the more people involved the better you will be

I had a problem mine different I had ordered merchandise and used paypal it was taking to long for my delivery I checked my paypal account and discovered that my card was charged but had not received my merchandise I contacted paypal and within 1 hr they contacted the Merchant and I received a email from them problem was solved right away and paypal did a follow up with me .
I'm telling you this in hopes that it will help you not to worry to much I think it's just a nasty scam email we seem to all get these now it's out of control and needs to stop.

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I forwarded it to the spoof email

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, there are definitely people out there that are targeting paypal customers. The first one I had scared me, but then I was told a Lexus was charged to my paypal account. Ummm....I had like $30.00 in my checking account. If it could get a Lexus for that then I'll take it!!

I never follow any links from paypal or ebay emails if there isn't anything I had going on at the time. If I get anything in my email, I go straight to the sorce and if it is legitiment (sp?), they will have an email in your account.

I hope you following that link (if you did) didn't hurt you, but I agree with changing you password. Keep an eye on your credit reports and make sure no one accessed that info. It just amazes me what some people can do today!