Paws on mouth!

silverandzephyr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think I may have seen this before, but my 7 month old kitty Silver puts his paws on my mouth when I talk and I'm holding him. Is it his "shut up mummy" look, is it affection?He usually likes to be quite close and is very cuddly with me.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocko does this. I really don't know why. I think they must like the movement of our mouths and perhaps how they can stop that movement when they touch it. I think its so cute.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's probably just his version of a kitty game. And if he thinks you're crazy - who cares? There's nothing to be sad about. I'm sure all of our cats think we're strange for the things we do - like showering or using a vacuum.

A few days ago I went to pick up one of my outdoor kitties and got a foot in the mouth. I really do not want to know what he stepped in, it certainly tasted terrible!

The lesson learned: Close your mouth when cat paws come near your face.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Larry does it too. I'll be holding him and he'll be purring and look up at me and there goes the paw on the mouth.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get patted or touched on the face all the time. I see it as contact and affection. You haven't lived, though, until you get "kissed' on the mouth by a loving kitty. Ick! I have one who also preaches on my mouth and nose.