Pawley - and all of us - could use your vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jody ... :flail: Billy torments Spooky, but she knows she's the kitty that gets picked on. :lol3: She just looks to us for pets and cuddles and LOUDLY complains when someone looks at her the wrong way... if she's not running. ;)

Lauren - I didn't notice how weird that photo is with the tail! That's Sheldon, actually, and his tail is *almost* as long as Lazlo's. WHERE IS IT? :eek: I wonder if it's "folded up" and he's sitting on it??? :dk:

And yeah ... Billy and Chumley have both bulked up. I've been doing a really bad job of policing the kitties while they're eating, :cringe: and for the past few weeks, the non-bowling-ball inclined cats are eating less - leaving more for the bowling-ball-inclined kitties to finish off. :rolleyes: Billy was looking so good for a while there. :sigh: Chumley isn't SO overweight - his markings make him look HUGE in photographs.

I know this is a Pawley thread - but just as an example, in this picture, Chum was basically very thin and bony at a little over 8 pounds, his skin was very loose on him - yet he looks like SUCH a chunky monkey!

But yeah... he's probably running 13.5 pounds now (it might be 14 :anon: ). 12 is a good weight for him. :)

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lauren - I didn't notice how weird that photo is with the tail! That's Sheldon, actually, and his tail is *almost* as long as Lazlo's. WHERE IS IT?
I wonder if it's "folded up" and he's sitting on it???
Wait...I see it! It's hooked just about 2-3 inches at the tip, but it is lining up perfectly against the rest of the tail (black on black) so you can't see it. 

lrosewiles

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow that's some tail (and some tale too).  So Pawley wants to be a top cat, but hasn't yet realized the best route to that is to recruit allies.  Oh cat dynamics.  thanks for the lovely pics!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the non-bowling-ball inclined cats are eating less - leaving more for the bowling-ball-inclined kitties to finish off. :rolleyes:
:lolup: Laurie - you had me almost on the floor laughing over this. Thanks for that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flail: :sun: :crackup:

p.s. I have a few bowling balls too.....(Presley, Perkins and Walden... OH and Perla - she has been packing a ball lately too :anon:). AND, OMG, I took a closer look at the Shel/Billy photo after you said who was who. BILLY - WHAT A PORKER !!!!! He needs a piggy's face on the side of his bowling ball. :flail:

p.s.s. I love Chunky's coat. He is stunningly gorgeous and yes, those markings from the side make him look huge. :bigwink: Guess we know what NOT to look for in clothing patterns. :rofl:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
p.s.s. I love Chunky's coat. He is stunningly gorgeous and yes, those markings from the side make him look huge. :bigwink: Guess we know what NOT to look for in clothing patterns. :rofl:

:spit: :flail: :crackup:

And yes - Billy really does need a piggy painted on his bowling ball. :lol3: I worked so hard to get him to a reasonable weight and it's all undone. I'll have to get back at it. !!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Pawley's crate is never closed now. A few nights ago Billy went into his crate after the late night meal and lay down in the bed - and Pawley headed for the front dash. So that was that!

I didn't wake up to any wailing or screaming so.... :dk:

Pawley does come out more frequently during the day. I am running interference, because Pawley keeps his whapper at the ready for slapping. ;) But Billy has decided that there's nothing wrong with Pawley, and is trying to make friends with him. Pawley obviously never had a kitty friend and doesn't understand the body language. Billy isn't trying to play with him - he's just trying to headbump him! :lol3: I think Pawley will eventually get it.

Sheldon, on the other hand, feels the need to (at times) search him out and stare him down. :rolleyes:

Lazlo doesn't bother with him unless he gets in the way. Laz makes weird noises at him, and Pawley just sits there - no whapping Lazlo. :)

Pawl doesn't want to be alpha. He's just apparently clueless in cat etiquette. :rub:

Ming Loy is scared of him, though at this point, he pretty much leaves the girls alone. And Tuxie and Pawley just don't seem to encounter each other much. Sometimes up on the front dash. And Pawley just leaves him alone. :dk

I feel like a school marm managing a bunch of unruly boys. :lol3:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Pawl doesn't want to be alpha. He's just apparently clueless in cat etiquette.

I feel like a school marm managing a bunch of unruly boys.
Favourite comments...

Just catching up here, Laurie..

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pawl doesn't want to be alpha. He's just apparently clueless in cat etiquette. :rub:

I feel like a school marm managing a bunch of unruly boys. :lol3:
Favourite comments... :lol3:
Thanks, Mani !!! I was going to copy and quote those two exact same sentences. MY FAV, Laurie !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I always get a few giggles out of reading your updates. Such an interesting story filled with lots of "you never know" what is coming next!!!! :D :hugs: Someday, things will just become boring.... :yawn: and I bet you can't wait for that day. It WILL come, so enjoy the "fun" while it lasts. ;) :bigwink: And, YAY, on the crate being open all the time. PROGRESS !!!!!!!!!!! Soon you may have your chairs back. :cross: :D :clap: And, since you just added Pawley to your signature, he will surely feel more like part of the family AND the TCS FAMILY !!!!!!!!! He has to give in to the boys now. :lol3:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pawley mostly hangs out in his cage during the day, but comes down to eat at "his" spot for every meal now. There are still some attacks on cats in boxes ( :rolleyes: ), but I intervene, obviously. His target is mostly Sheldon at this point, though he did go after Tuxedo last night. :(

There IS progress, however. He wheeled around in a ... standing 180, let's call it, and landed right in Shelly's face. Sheldon was sitting, and just sat there - Pawley paused, and instead of smacking Shel, he dodged under the couch. :lol3: He's also hitting Billy less, and Bill is still greeting him tail-up - and isn't giving up despite the thwacks he gets. :) I think Bill will eventually convert the boy to friend - or at least help him understand he doesn't need to thwack everyone all the time (which IS improving, knock wood).

Pawley with a new feather toy:

And just a general cutie pie:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is really cute, and so masculine looking, too. 
  He's "all boy," as I like to say.

Glad to hear the thwacks are lessening up!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW - Pawley. :heart3: I agree with Holistic - he IS all boy. AND, he has the nose to prove it. :winkblue: :lol3: :hugs: :rub: Love that nose. :hugs: Here's to hoping :cross: that he soon learns to keep his "PAWS" to himself. :D Pun intended there. :D :heart3:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Pawley is back in his cage full time. He's been there a week. Last Sunday, Pawley and Shel had a full-on fight. I broke it up with a box.

:sigh:

(As an aside, Shel ran to block Pawley's entrance to his crate. I talked to Shel for a few minutes, and then very foolishly picked him up to move him, even though his back was still ridged. :rolleyes: Yep, I got bit GOOD. Deepest bite I've ever had. Wow-a-YEOWza did that ever hurt! And MAN-OH-MAN was my hand swollen! As soon as I'd washed it well and doused it in colloidal silver, I apologized to Sheldon. Totally my fault).

We figured everyone needed a break. Pawley needed to feel safe in his space - the other cats needed to feel safe in the litter box. At least they're using the one in the bedroom more than they were, but....

We're continuing the scent swapping, getting the "group" scent reinforced with brushing everyone with the same brush.... and we'll work on re-introductions more slowly.

The annoying thing is that Pawley is perfectly happy in his crate. That would be fine if we were in a house, but we want the living room back at some point! :lol3:

He is just the sweetest kitty to Gary and me. He LOVES LOVES LOVES pets. And he just has the cutest personality. He's SO playful and is just ... so happy, whether he's playing by himself or we're using wand toys with him (everyone else gets played with first, with emphasis on Sheldon, of course).

I'm sure he'll become part of the family.... just not sure when or how. :lol3:

He ALWAYS leaves his tongue hanging out! So darn cute!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep. Shel was on the way to the litter box. Pawley was under the couch. As Shel was about to enter the box, Pawley shot out and tackled him. Up until that point, I'd mostly been able to stop Pawley from attacking them in the box (when I'm home and awake. ;) ) I obviously missed some, because Flowerbelle turned up with this one morning. :(

Last edited:

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, poor Flowerbelle! 
  Pawley is being a little bugger, isn't he? The fear I would have in all this is the other cats having an aversion to the litter box.