PAW PAD BURNS

ashweis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My indoor cat got onto our black shingle roof today when we weren’t home and his paw pads are torn and raw. There’s no bleeding but it hurts him to but his feet on the ground. I’m not sure if he necessarily has burns but his pads are torn and look raw from the roughness of the shingles. I really need help since i'm not sure what to do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashweis

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
it was very hot out today and i’m not sure how long he was out there but he’s around 3-4 yrs old and didn’t spend a lot of his life outside so his paw pads might not be to strong.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take the cat to the vet for treatment. A superficial first degree burn may not need much treatment other than cool compresses but a second or third degree burn will require treatment. The vet will be able to determine the degree or burn. Just raw paw pads must hurt painfully and treatment would be needed too. Keep the cat inside to allow the paws to heal and consider keeping the cat inside permanently for safety. If possible, you can build a catio in the yard to allow the cat outdoor time but without worries about stray animals, hot roofs, cars, etc.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Take the cat to the vet for treatment.
:yeah: I completely agree!

Please consider taking your cat to the vet or an emergency clinic if your vet is closed today. Putting some Aloe Vera gel on might help soothe the pain temporarily but he definitely needs to get medical treatment.

Good luck! Please keep us posted on his progress. :goodluck: