Patrick Swayze diagnosed with cancer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Apparently he's being treated at Stanford - where I've spent the majority of my time the last couple of months... If I see him around (not that inconceivable), I'll let him know how many people he has praying for him!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope for a miraculous remission for him, and for every cancer patient on the planet. Nobody deserves to go that way.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow.. I had the BIGGEST crush on him when I was a little girl.

I almost cried when I read this.

Major vibes being sent his way

*PS* Anyone remember the butt scene in Dirty Dancing

Sorry, couldn't help myself

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Wow.. I had the BIGGEST crush on him when I was a little girl.

I almost cried when I read this.

Major vibes being sent his way

*PS* Anyone remember the butt scene in Dirty Dancing

Sorry, couldn't help myself
Oh yeah! I remember!!!
I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having lost one family member, and three good friends (three females, one male) of various ages to pancreatic cancer over the past two years, I was terribly, terribly saddened to hear this today. My thoughts and prayers are there for him and his family, because truly, it is a difficult time.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea I was listening to the radio this morning and even if they get rid of the cancer now, its still terminal and people live an average of 5 years after the cancer is gone.

Miracle do happen though. My uncle was diagnosed with brain cancer back in the 80s and given 2 years to live. He lived on for 15 years and passed away only a few years ago.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and is still doing well after a year - my heart goes out to him and his family, that he can be a spokesperson and hero for those going through difficult times - I hope that he can beat this and be something that all of us can look up to when we face a difficult situation. No one deserves this death sentence. It's horrid. My god mother lived 6 months after her diagnosis.