Pate Style Food

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by moggiegirl

I still have some cans of Iams in my cupboard but they are not the chunks in gravy kind, they are the pate. Should I be worried? I'm not going to buy any more cans of Iams. In fact I'm boycotting everything produced by menu foods. I just don't trust the pet food industry anymore.
NO PATES have been recalled.... I am only using canned from non menu sources becasue it may not be wheat .My reasoning is I DONT know where the canned is being done and if the plant has a problem I am being VERY CAUSTIUOS likely OVERLY.. BUT there is a human wheat recall for an ice cream( makes ya wonder)...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

NO PATES have been recalled.... I am only using canned from non menu sources becasue it may not be wheat .My reasoning is I DONT know where the canned is being done and if the plant has a problem I am being VERY CAUSTIUOS likely OVERLY.. BUT there is a human wheat recall for an ice cream( makes ya wonder)...
I, too, am erring on the side of caution when it comes to the Pates. Even though she would really love her Authority back, she isn't getting it. I'm trying to find stuff with no byproducts, no wheat, and not made in a Menu plant. It's a daunting search, and getting harder all the time. I will compromise on quality if I have to, but no wheat and no Menu items.

I guess I'm going to go get some Eagle Pack after work, even though I'm now a little bit concerned based on their web site only specifying that their dry food wasn't manufactured in a menu plant ... what good does a 100% guarantee do if someone loses their baby?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just called Eagle and their canned food IS made in a Menu plant. Is there any food out there NOT made in a Menu plant? This is unbelieveable.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I started link wet food s not made by Menu

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have fed the non-recalled Iams pate style canned food in the past 2 days and fortunately my cats are fine but I've decided to stop feeding those and keep these cans on hold until I get more information from the news about what's been causing the problem because now I'm scared. What if they bring on another news report saying "now it's no longer the chunks in gravy, it's the pate too and another ingredient has been suspected." I won't throw the cans away. I'll probably feed them later after we get more info from the news about what the cause is.

But I've decided to refuse to buy all pet foods made by menu foods, both dry and canned for the purpose of punishing the company as well as protecting my cats and feeding better quality foods. I will never forgive them for what they've done and the fact that they've tested about 50 different dogs and cats and one out of 6 died, what does this tell me? That when these dogs and cats got kidney disease the company just let them die instead of calling the vet to try to save them. This is cruel animal testing and the company really doesn't care. That's why they waited a month to make an announcement.

I'm going to Pet People, not Petco after work today and I'm going to buy some cat food that is not produced by menu foods.

dara678

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just called the Merrick people - they said that both their dry and canned foods are made in their own facilities, and that they don't buy any food from Menu. So their products are not affected in any way by the recall ...

(except by maybe getting more sales because of this mess!
)

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I think we now have 4 different answers from Natura Pet so I am not sure how much I believe that anymore, also from my research it seems that the Menu Foods plant in that area is in South Dakota there may be one in North Dakota or the person I spoke to could have confused the two, or perhaps I misunderstood her). It is also plant responsible for 100% of the Iams cans according to this so seen as there is a recall on Iams cans someone is not telling the truth (it could be that the website I just gave is wrong, but they were given that info from someone) because the recall affects NJ and Kansas.
I'm posting this everywhere I can in hopes that anyone interested will see it.

I spoke to a Natura rep today. Their canned foods are made by Menu Foods in a facility in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Dry foods and treats are made in facilities owned by Natura in Nebraska and California. The rep emailed the official company statement to me. Here's the statement:

Here is the statement we just spoke about:

Natura Pet Products owns and operates two manufacturing facilities, including a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Fremont, Nebraska. Our plants are AIB Certified “Superiorâ€, Organic Certified, USDA APHIS Registered and ISO 9001:2001 compliant. Natura does utilize Menu Foods to manufacture canned products; however, Natura maintains final review and strict approval of all formulation designs, including the types and quality of ingredients included. Menu Foods is responsible for quality control in its facilities, based upon their Good Manufacturing Practice process; a copy of which is on file in our offices. Natura has a complete and documented Product Quality reference on hand detailing the quality standards for each formula and can size produced under Naturaâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s labels. Each of our canned products are routinely reviewed and compared to the standards set out in this reference material. It is important to emphasize that: 1) the Menu Foods recall is specific to “cuts and gravy†products WHICH NATURA DOES NOT SELL, and; 2) Naturaâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s canned products are made at a facility which has NOT BEEN IMPLICATED IN THE RECALL. Since being notified of the recall, Natura has been in direct contact with Menu Foods management and have a 100% confidence level that our canned products in the market are healthful and safe.

Sharon Holden