Parents and the names they choose

neesey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im not sure why im called Denise. I think my parents must have just liked it!

I have 4 children: Hannah, named after a dog that I saw when I was ten years old. An old english sheepdog puppy, so cute

Jessica, named after Postman Pat's cat 'Jess;. You may not have heard of Pat, as its an england thing!

Lewis, named after my mates cockatiel!

Jack, Just Jack, as we needed a short name after having 3 kids already!

My cat is called Lucy, its a name she already had.
My rabbit is called Smokey, as he's a smokey colour! Dead original!

neesey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by sunlion
I think I've seen Butterflies (I used to live in Canada, where there is - or at least was - a lot of British programming, and I love the "Brit-coms" on my local public tv station and on BBCA) but I'm not sure. Did it have Felicity Kendall in it? Before she did that series about the people who go back to nature (Good Neighbors in the US, something else in the UK I think).
Butterflies stars Wendy Craig. Felicity Kendal was in 'The Good Life'. We have some great sitcoms in England. DO you get 'Only Fools and Horses' over there? Thats my fave ever!

PS: Sorry if I butted in

7cozycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
named after Gone With The Wind. Tara. my mother loved that movie and so do i.

julieb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was named after Julie Nixon Eisenhower, or at least that's what brought the name to my mom's attention. However, she changed her mind near the end of her pregnancy, and decided on Jennifer. So after I was born, my aunt heard I was a girl and started telling everyone I was named Jennifer, except Mom had changed her mind back at the last minute... I'm glad, though, because every third female my age (30) is named Jennifer.

The more dramatic and amusing events surrounding my birth were my mother's insanely long labour (56 hours) and the fact that I was born in such a small town that I was the New Year's Baby and I was born in the third week of January!! My picture was in the paper and everything...

bodlover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yup - Neesy was right, it was "The Good Life" that starred Felicity Kendall - but I loved that too!!