Parents and "Advanced Technology"

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG I thought my parents were freaks, they THE MOST technologically inept people I've ever seen! It's hilarious...
They get so mad at me when I laugh at them but I can't help it! My parents can't even use MSN Messenger..
Mom still can't use a VCR! My Dad called me last week sooo excited, he burned off his first CD all by himself!
He said he just had to call and tell someone...they've only had their computer since May
I try teaching them some stuff but they live in NL and I live in Toronto so it's kinda hard, but when I do they get frustrated and start arguing on the phone back and forth..they crack me up!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let's see neither of my parents can figure out how to use the DVD player. Which I final hilarious but it's not so funny when I get called on a Friday night.

My Dad refuses to touch the computer in the house. He got Satelite TV and had them come take it off because it wouldn't work half the time...now how much of that was the service and how much of it was user error who knows. When I was a kid though, he was the first one to go out and get new technology...I still remember being the envy of the neighborhood with the Atari 2600 and the VCR but something changed along the way. He did however take a like a fish to water to the cell phone I got him. He talks on it more than I talk on mine but then he's a delivery driver and thus it's the only way for anyone to get ahold of him.

I'm betting when I move home he'll take to the new video game systems the same way. I'm hoping at any rate, I think he's have a lot of fun with some of the advances in video games since 1983.