Parasites

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What kind of internal parasites can make a cat lose weight, drink and pee more? I had complete blood work done on my cat a month ago because of those issues but the blood work came back fine. The vet suggested to possibly look for parasites but didn't seem adamant about testing. Kind of like shooting in the dark. I am wondering what she might be looking for if anything?

Katie13501999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kind of internal parasites can make a cat lose weight, drink and pee more? I had complete blood work done on my cat a month ago because of those issues but the blood work came back fine. The vet suggested to possibly look for parasites but didn't seem adamant about testing. Kind of like shooting in the dark. I am wondering what she might be looking for if anything?
Hi, how old is your cat? This could be a number of things and to be honest the vet should have checked out a few more possibilities

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The OP's previous threads on the same cat:

The cat is 14 1/2 year old and the symptoms seem to have started back in January.

A second opinion from another vet may be helpful. Try to find an internal medicine vet.

Katie13501999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

[/URL]

[/URL]

The cat is 14 1/2 year old and the symptoms seem to have started back in January.

A second opinion from another vet may be helpful. Try to find an internal medicine vet.
I was going to suggest kidney problems. You should ask to have this specifically checked. Hope he/she gets well soon

Katie13501999

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She also seems to be quite advanced in her years though so it could be anything, but does sound like something to do with the kidneys to me but I’m no vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, how old is your cat? This could be a number of things and to be honest the vet should have checked out a few more possibilities
She is 14 1/2 and had complete blood work done...not hyperthyroid, diabetic or kidney disease going by the results. I really thought kidneys considering her age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vikinggirl34

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

[/URL]

[/URL]

thanks...I know I've posted a few times about her :) I know she's up there in years although I've had a few cats live to over 17 years. She had recommended the specialty vet but they are so very expensive.