Panting & High Temprature :(

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had to laugh that you told her Max wasn't eating the Rx food!

I am glad to hear Max is better. Now, hopefully, he stays UTI free!

keelyg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Just on the panting thing - I got back from a business trip a week ago and my kitty was purring really hard (v pleased to see me!) and then started panting / gasping for air. She'd stop, get down and clam down and then as soon as I went to touch her and she started purring again, she'd start panting...

After doing this 3 times, I was convinced she was having heart failure - anyway, $400 at the emergency vet later - she was diagnosed as completely fine. They did x-rays of her chest / heart / lungs - took temp - all perfectly normal?!

Feeling is, either she got v over-excited or perhaps there was some scent on me, from my flight, that she was having an allergic reaction to.

Basically, I've learnt that cats do pant sometimes - for no apparent reason!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I had to laugh that you told her Max wasn't eating the Rx food!

I am glad to hear Max is better. Now, hopefully, he stays UTI free!
Me too... & you can bet... His future checkups will be done at a DIFFERENT vet location... because let me tell ya... if they were to find that he got another UTI... I KNOW I'd never hear the end of it from THAT vet...
& she would blame it more on my choice of food rather than on genetics or anything else.
*sigh*

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just wish vets would stop pushing the junk food. Our vet wanted me to change Bijou to SD and I just told him I didn't want to put Bijou on such a low quality food. He didn't argue.