Panic attack ?

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A couple of times Tiggers breathed really fast for a few seconds, not very long, seen it twice recently and not sure what's going on

First time, she was curled up in bed so I couldn't see if she was awake or asleep - she could of been dreaming about a Mousie šŸ

Second time I got in from work and she did it for a couple of seconds then when she was aware I was there it settled

So I not sure if second time it was a panic attack "meowmy isn't home where is she"

I have seen fast breathing from both girls when they been asleep, dreaming of the birdies or mousies (I assume)

It's the second occasion I'm wondering about, when I say fast breathing I'm talking hyperventilation speed idk spelling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she was definately awake the second time

normal purring for her is a really loud purr that cannot be missed, Willow's the sneaky purr-er, like Ebony was

I don't think it's asthma, Ebony had asthma and Tigger's fast breathing is not like Ebony's was

Ebony had a wheeze that Tigger doesn't have with it

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Speaking of sneaky purrs, (Queen) Willow has a sneaky purr beside me now, she doesn't want to admit to purring :catrub:

"nope not me making purrs, your hearing things" :lol:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't see any nose movement when she was doing it (second time)

Don't know about first time as I couldn't see what her face was doing

I do know that Willows talking to the big fat juicy pigeon through the window, he's her prey this morning :catlove:

:redtongue: he says, can't get me Willow

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok so she did it in bed for a second just now, mouth breathing, it's already finished as I was typing the second word of this post

i'm getting scared it could mean lung cancer, or i might be spiralling as i've had a rough day without this

i don't want her to die

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why don't you give your vet a call?
Will call when I get back from work

She couldn't get comfortable in the early hours this morning

If Tigger dies it'll mean I die as well it's not survivable

Last edited by a moderator:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she's following me around every time I get up, despite the short fast breathing thing

Phoning the vet in morning

Will post again after i've spoke to the vet staff, probably be tomorrow when I post again as I don't know when they'll see her and i can't get through tonight for non emergencies and she's behaving normal apart from the fast couple of breaths every now and again

she's proudly showing off a (toy) mousie she picked up off the floor and hunted all by herself <3 so she's not in a life threatening condition

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She seeing the vet in 2 hours time

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Something's definitely bothering her she never wants to lie down this much, she met me at the door then needed a lie down before coming to eat a little then another lie down, not in a sunny spot so she not sunbathing

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not enough energy in her to bury her poo, she left it to Willow to bury, she having a lie down on my feet now

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She showed a bit of interest just now when a bouncy puppy came over to say hi, she's laid down again now

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's doing a mild one now, in this particular case might be stress but others haven't been stress

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So vet thinks she might have fluid on her lungs, or a mass, she's home for now having another lie down, vet is doing a x-ray tomorrow, she's still responding to people but she's definitely not normal, normal for her is insisting she cuddles the vet, she just wasn't interested in cuddles with the vet today, she not wanting to do much

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So vet thinks she might have fluid on her lungs, or a mass, she's home for now having another lie down, vet is doing a x-ray tomorrow, she's still responding to people but she's definitely not normal, normal for her is insisting she cuddles the vet, she just wasn't interested in cuddles with the vet today, she not wanting to do much
Glad the vet is able to act quickly.
Once you know more, you'll be able to move forward with knowledge.

Don't forget to make a plan to keep yourself regulated during the stressful time for you. Write down whatever support numbers you need and display them somewhere you can easily see, write down some activities that help you to regulate and display those somewhere for yourself so that you can choose one when you feel yourself spiralling etc.