PANDA - the separation: how do I go on?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Rachel, I am so very sorry for your loss. I also lost my sweetheart 2 years ago and thought the pain would overwhelm me. I made it through, and you can also. Your other babies need you now more than ever. Be good to yourself

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry Panda has passed on, he was a very special cat to you and I also know what the pain is like. When I lost Tucson a year and a half ago my whole world just ground to a halt and there were days and weeks afterwards when all I would do was cry. Give yourself time to heal, and remember the happy long life you shared with him, not the pain that you are feeling right now.

myboys15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my
I am soooo sorry. I asked myself the same question: How can I go on? Sebastian was my best friend, my night time cuddle buddy. He was not a cat. He was my little boy.
It has been just about a month since he went to play over the rainbow bridge . The first week was the hardest. The second week I made my boy, a special place on top of the book shelf. He loved to sit on top of the book shelf. I put his picture in a frame and his ashes on top of the book shelf. I always say hello to him. I take his picture down and we talk
I tell him how much I miss him and how much I love him. After a good cry, I can start my day again. Panda lives on in your heart. I know that my boy would not want me to hurt, because he would never want to see his mama hurting. I am sure Panda feels the same way.

BIG HUGS!!! The hurt never goes away we just learn that with time, it does not hurt so much.

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Panda your mommy really loved you so much!

Panda would not want youj to hurt yourself like this! Do you have some one who can help you and just listen when you talk about him? Please take care of yourself.

middletown

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rachel,

I know mere words will not fill the void in your heart. As much as we all understand how you feel and how sad it has to be at your house now, your loss will not be comforted by our condolenses when you are away from teh keyboard and looking for your lost furry love.
I am willing to try though.

Originally Posted by sandgoddess

Between bouts of bitter crying, I'm having a no less bitter argument with god. The scriptures, in many religions, I believe, say that nobody is given the ammount of pain that he cannot take. I am disputting that. I
This point i can completely understand. I wont go into my own personal list of tragedies, but i have been in this place where you are now. SOul searching. Anything to justify what happened. Anything to eliviate the pain.
What helped me and helped me a lot is a quote from Mother Teresa. Im not catholic, but that Woman was a siant for all times no matter what you believe. ANyway,

She said (or similar) "I know God will not give me a burdon more than I can handle, I just wish he didnt trust me so much.!"
She said it with a slight smile and in jest, but you could see the weary burdon in her eyes.
To me it speaks volumes. Especially when the loss you carry seems to over shadow every thing. But you keep going. ANd keep going you must. To Honor pandas memory you have to remain to remember him.
you can honor and be close to him by comforting his playmates your 2 other furr kids. They are sad too. Cats are very perceptive on this type of thing. I bet they are sad because you are sad too.
There will never be another Panda in your life. But there will always be more love. As long as your willing to give it. Love has 2 edges. You feel the sharp hurting side now. But remember the soft warm side that will come your way again.

I hope something i rambled helps.
I will pray for you. I will pray for your 2 remaining fur kids.
I will honor Pandas memory by imagining this white loving cat
sitting patiently on the edge of eternitys bed waiting for you and the rest of his family.

Ric