Pale stools?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I was pooperscooping the yard today, which I have to do periodically because our neighbor's cat likes to do her business there. I found two heaps of cat turds that were a rather funny color - an extremely pale yellowish-green. I know at least one of them, and probably both, were from Putzi, since I saw her "making one deposit". Other than the color, they looked normal. Putzi is 18+ (probably 20), and had a thorough examination with bloodwork in early February, according to her owner. She also hasn't had any change in diet, and is basically just overweight with poor hearing and eyesight, due to age. Any ideas? I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that pale stools could indicate liver problems.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pale stools can be a health issue, or just something strange they ate. Another possibility is could it be another wild critter's deposit and not a cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The one load was definitely from Putzi - I "caught her in the act", and the other load was in one of her favorite spots. She also seems to be the only neighborhood cat who doesn't bother to cover up her turds when using our yard. We have hedgehogs, rats, and mice/shrews, but their droppings are much smaller. Putzi is so old that she doesn't wander. If she's outside, she's either in her backyard, ours, or sitting on our front steps (she lived with us for about six weeks 18 years ago, when she first turned up in a snowstorm, but was rehomed because she kept attacking our dog). My husband says she was nibbling on some apples he put out for the blackbirds yesterday morning, but I wonder if apples would change the color of her stools?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This is for future reference - and pretty funny. Putzi's owner looks after her grandchildren (preschoolers) a few times a week. Her daughter took the kids to the pediatrician on Thursday because they had odd-colored stools. The doctor immediately asked if they had been eating a certain brand of pudding (a disgusting parfait in primary colors), as he'd had other cases. The answer was yes. My neighbor has been giving the kids the pudding, and they share it with Putzi. Talk about "toxic" food coloring! Needless to say, the pudding is no longer on the shopping list.