Pale Blues

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, another pale girl here!

Can't see myself going to the tanning bed and pay to get skin cancer. It doesn't hold on my skin anyway. I've gone a few times but my schedule leaves me with too many days in between so it fades right away. I tried a sunless tanner. ONCE, and never again. I tried it a few days before I went to Vegas last year and had an extremely horrible reaction to it and turned bright red and unbearably itchy for the entire vacation.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

It will be another 20-30 years before you gain the advantage, but you won't be visiting the plastic surgeon to get rid of the damage that all of these tanned people will have.
i'm almost 2 years older than my sister, but i'd say she looks about 5 years older than me due to sun damage. you reap what you sow - & i'm also fish-belly white on every part that is not always exposed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for your comments. It has cheered me up. The funny thing is it never bothered me before high school. In high school some people made fun of me and called me vampire, the walking dead, just to name a few. I guess some people just don't realize how hurtful their words can be and the damage they cause. I have been out of high school for three years and it still bothers me. It's all Coco Chanel's fault!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Another one of the proud to be pale gang here
I have never liked the sun, although I do tan on my arms very easily. My face burns though. I hate being out in the sun and have always protected my skin and stayed out of strong sunlight.

Even though I have always taken precautions it was found that I had a malignant melanoma last year and had to have two episodes of plastic surgery to get rid of it. Fortunately, the cancer had not spread. Just imagine the risk I would have been running if I had tried to tan.

Be proud to be pale and rest easily in the knowledge that you are protecting your health

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should cherish your beautiful alibaster skin. It sounds perfect, and blue eyes to match! What a treasure! Back in the day, this is what was beautiful, the milkier the better. All these people who tan look the same to me, yes they are pretty, but none look unique, they are all going for the same look. You sound naturally beautiful, like you don't need to be trying to tan. A total gem!

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am one of those people with pale skin and light red hair and blue eyes. I don't even try to tan if anything I will try to prevent to much exposurer to the sun. Even if I don't burn the freckles still show up. So I don't worry about it. My sister would get the darkest tan during the summer then say she was getting pale, I would tell her no shes not pale see. Then I would stick my arm by hers and compare them.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also the palest person I know, I gross my BF out because he can see my veins through my skin and I can't go out on what he considers a mild day without SPF25 and try not to go out in the sun in summer because I burn so badly

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing wrong with being pale. I am pale right now. while others are already bakign themselfs in the tanning beds.

However i wont be pale in the warmer months. I am not a sun worshiper. but i am a horse back rider.and well that has to be done outside.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not tan. either. If it were up to me, I would never see the sun. I am very pale, and my sweetie loves it. We rented a house with a pool for 2 summers, and I got very dark those summers. I am paying for it now. I am 47, and am getting huge crow's feet, my skin around my mouth is wrinkling, I am getting age spots, and feel like my skin aged 20 years instead of just 2. My mom and grandma never tanned and they both had beautiful skin all their lives.
If I tan, it will also fade the ink I went to all the trouble to get over 40% of my body. My sweetie came home one day and found me covered in tanning oil, floating in the pool, and almost fainted. Fortunately I didn't damage or fade any of it.