Paint color dilemna... part II

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

We painted our bedroom "Sonata" by Behr. It's a very calm relaxing colour. We are currently in the process of doing the second coat of bright white paint on all the trim. It looks really sharp!

Before

and after (before the trim was painted white)
Wow! that's really beautiful!
I love the contrast between the blue and the black furniture.

jarvis

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe if the bedding and curtains in your room are a light blue, go for a darker/deeper blue for the walls...or if the linens are dark, go for a lighter, airy blue. Something that isn't TIOO matchy, but goes nicely. And blue is always a nice calming color. (And if you are scared of too much blue, use some brightly colored pillows to brighten it and help you avoid getting sea0sick)
Good luck!!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After looking at paint chips, I found the color I want! I had a pile of colors, but the same one kept catching my eye, regardless of lighting conditions... so it will be "silky blue"

it's the third one from the top on that: http://www.sico.ca/En/Images/cou_col_vis_01.jpg

I think it will be very pretty.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a very pretty colour! You'll have to take pictures of the final result

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a nice color
-- not too light, not too dark -- and Joshua and Kinah will look great with it as a background, which is, after all the most IMPORTANT thing!
(And besides that, it sounds nice -- Silky Blue -- !)

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tarasgirl06

That's a nice color
-- not too light, not too dark -- and Joshua and Kinah will look great with it as a background, which is, after all the most IMPORTANT thing!
(And besides that, it sounds nice -- Silky Blue -- !)

well the cats are very neutral in color. Black/white and brown/beige. So it's easy to match them.
Good thing I don't have a purple cat.

I do need to match the cats bed with the walls though. Now they will have one in the living room (on top of the tv shelf) and one in the bedroom (on an ikea shelf). I think I'll paint the ikea shelves black and I'll get some nice fabric to match the cats AND the walls.