Pain meds

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ultracet was fine but I dont remember a few days

Percocet see above

Tramadol made me so weird I nearly called 911

Codiene is a great sleep aid ( I have chonic bronchitis)

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate Vicodin and will not take it anymore. Not only did I get dizzy it gave me stomach aches and I threw it up. It never made me tired. The funny thing is the pain I was given vicodin for didnt go away with it but it helped other pains.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Ultracet was fine but I dont remember a few days

Percocet see abouve

Tramadol made me so weird I nearly called 911
Ultracet is just tramadol with acetaminophen - that's what all the "cet" pain killers are. Unless you're very sensitive to acetaminophen (that it alone can cause painkiller type side effects) there shouldn't be any additional side effects that the tramadol didn't already cause by itself.

I've been taking tramadol and acetaminophen for the last few days because my back is badly flared up, that combo is barely touching the pain. I've read, and posted a link before, about differing genetics affecting one's sensitivity or tolerance to pain killers... unfortunately I can't recall what ethnic groups/ancestry they say tend to be more tolerant. Under that group of medicines though, are beta blockers, narcotic pain killers, and anti depressants (maybe because they all involve/affect the central nervous system) - I'll have to look this up again sometime.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got vicodin when I got my wisdom teeth out, but I barely took any. The anesthetic didn't wear completely off (I went to a surgeon, with the serious drugs) so by the time I felt normal again the pain was pretty okay. Went back to work after 3 days.

It made me feel kinda gross and didn't help my face any more than taking an extra aleve.

I get hopped up on "sleep aids" too like Nyquil or Tylenol PM. Dramamine is the only thing that actually puts me out.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Ultracet is just tramadol with acetaminophen - that's what all the "cet" pain killers are. Unless you're very sensitive to acetaminophen (that it alone can cause painkiller type side effects) there shouldn't be any additional side effects that the tramadol didn't already cause by itself.

I've been taking tramadol and acetaminophen for the last few days because my back is badly flared up, that combo is barely touching the pain. I've read, and posted a link before, about differing genetics affecting one's sensitivity or tolerance to pain killers... unfortunately I can't recall what ethnic groups/ancestry they say tend to be more tolerant. Under that group of medicines though, are beta blockers, narcotic pain killers, and anti depressants (maybe because they all involve/affect the central nervous system) - I'll have to look this up again sometime.
likely there would be a issue...lol.. the coating on one OTC pain pill made me sick ( I guess I am very touchy
) I seldom take acetaminophen because of the issues I have with it

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to watch which type of pain Meds I take as well..I can't take Tylenol with codeine because that does make me really hyper..However when my knees or hands are acting up really badly I use Percocet which works fine.

I think I have a problem with the tylenol because it has caffeine in it as well and I am superly sensitive to caffeine.

I have to watch it though because I took a really severe reaction to Valtrone earlier this year and ended up with Gastric bleeding so anything that has
aspirin or ibuprofen in it is out for me...

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Mm i don't know about pain meds, but energy drinks do absolutely nothing for me! I still feel tired after taking them. But if i have Big M double strength coffee, i go ZING all day long and get giggly and weird at night time
and there's only about 1% coffee in it lol.

Just thought i'd share

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best combination of meds i've ever had was Tramadal and Skilaxin (sp?) - I was in a really bad car wreck several years ago (F150 rear ended me when I was at a dead stop and she was going close to 70mph. She totaled my car and I wound up having to go to the ER and through 6 months of physical therapy for my neck and back) - That combination of meds helped soo much though! I felt just fine when I took that
One was a muscle relaxer and the other a pain killer.

I've never gotten hyper off pain meds though- just sleepy and had a "hazy" feeling if that makes sense.