Pa purr litter??? chicken feed for litter???

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, I wanted to know what you think of pa purr litter. We have a new kitty in the house and I don't think he likes the Feline Pine Jasmine uses. She has actually started using his litter box which doesn't have feline pine in it. I think they might both prefer a "sandy" kind of litter. I am thinking of using the chicken feed but I'm still not sure. Does it really work well. Does it work like words best? We have 2 dogs so I am also afraid the chicken feed will attract them to eat it
Ewwww! Any help is much appreciated!!:

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
chn feed can attract dogs but I have taught mine not too....

Pa Purr is good I found the scent overwheling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

chn feed can attract dogs but I have taught mine not too....

Pa Purr is good I found the scent overwheling
Is the scent really strong? does it have a purfume smell? Is it very dusty? sorry to ask all there questions but the reason I switched to pine pellets was because I don't like the smell of scented litter and Jasmine didn't either. she also sneezed really bad because of the dust.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
chn feed has no smell ... slighty cornish

Pa purr has one some call a fresh scent... I am very scent senitive ... I couldnt use it ... Petmart has there own version without the smell.. Someone who had used fresh step thought it was a nice scent in the Pa purr

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

chn feed has no smell ... slighty cornish

Pa purr has one some call a fresh scent... I am very scent senitive ... I couldnt use it ... Petmart has there own version without the smell.. Someone who had used fresh step thought it was a nice scent in the Pa purr
Sharky, do you know what the petsmart brand that is like pa purr is called?

wuv_my_kitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have u thought of trying rabbit pellets? I used to use lucern based rabbit feed and it worked a treat. Hardly any smell and no dust etc. I only stopped using them because I was no longer able to get them at a reduced price, and with the drought here the price skyrocketed.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jasminesmom

Sharky, do you know what the petsmart brand that is like pa purr is called?
equisicat cat paper ... it is a 6.2lb bag right next to the pa purr scoopable... I would be able to get the exact on tuesday if you need it

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

equisicat cat paper ... it is a 6.2lb bag right next to the pa purr scoopable... I would be able to get the exact on tuesday if you need it
I will look for it when I am petsmart next. I was there yesterday but I didn't see it, but I probably wasn't looking very hard. I really appreciate your help with this, it seems like a never ending battle to find the right litter!
When we just had Jasmine, she seemed to like the feline pine, but when we got Rudy, he was used to "sandy" litter so I used some WBCL that we had left over for his box, but now they both use his box and Jasmine doesn't even use her box anymore. I liked the WBCL but it is a little spendy so I am looking for an alternative type of "sandy" litter that isn't clay.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ew...I used PaPurr, and hated it. It did smell kind of perfumey, which didn't bother me too much, but as soon as it was urinated on, it smelled so bad! I was using it with a litter of kittens, so there was more than one cat using it, but I found it to be terrible.

I never tried chicken feed or wood pellets, although I have seen others here post that they work well.