Owwwww.. ugh. Kids.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Taviasmom, you are absolutely right, and no one should be offended by what you posted. Of course it is mostly the parent's fault when kids act like little hellions, but it does not make it any easier to tolerate. I shudder to think how they act at home.
I know a lot of kids have legitimate medical problems like ADD, ADHD, and should be treated for them before they can be expected to behave, but it seems that in as many cases, it is simply an excuse for poor parenting. I know several people that say their kids have ADD, but have never actually been told so by a doctor. THEY decided that must be the reason their kids are such brats, because they think (wrongly) they are just wonderful parents, so it must be the kids. Very sad.
That's been my experience as well.

Those are the same parents whose fav line - one of my pet peeves - is "when you have kids you'll understand" - no, you mean "when you have kids you'll be just as lazy as I am and will want to join the communal guilt allievating society that I'm a member of".

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are the same parents who say I don't know what happened when their kid does something serious in later years and goes to jail or worse. My ex husbands family was like that with their kids. And like his aunt had two boys 12 and 7 and they were so bad that the social worker told her that they needed a belt but it was the parents fault the mom wouldn't even cook them dinner she just let them find what they could and she cooked dinner for the adults but the kids just grabbed whatever mostly candy and cereal and those same kids will be in prison she even said so. She said she dreads when they get old enough to do some damage cause they will be in prison. Well why not do something about it NOW instead of after he goes. And my ex mother inlaw was the same she had custody of my stepson and he was 4 well he does this thing at dinner of I don't like this every day so she makes seperate meals for him of chicken nuggets and hot dogs. And one day he wanted me to jump on the trampoline with him and I told him no I don't want to and he had a toy and he said I will throw this if you don't and I said yeah and you will stand in the corner too and she said well he doesn't mean any harm. And his grandpa said he can't act like that and she said well she should go jump with him. And I said I'm sorry but since when are four year olds in charge of adults. And I guess its worse then because since then her husband has died so there is noone there to set limits and she has a 15 year old son who by 13 was cussing her out over not getting a haircut and if I at 25 cussed my parents I would be missing some teeth. I just thing the world as a whole is getting lazier by the minute. And that's whats wrong with our children parents who let the tv watch them instead of interacting with them and teaching them how to conduct theirselves

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a three year old and a 16 month old. I am proud to say that when people spend time with my kids they always tell me how well behaved they are.
Of course, the baby only knows what "No!" is. I've spanked my 3-year old one time. She got away from me at the airport and ran through security. (IMO, a spanking is alot easier than being arrested as a terrorist at 2 years old.
) We are strict. She knows the consequences of most of her actions. Our discipline style is postive reinforcement. She knows that if she picks up her toys after being asked once, then she will get a dime for her piggy bank. She know if he goes to the potty and doesn't have an accident all day, she gets a stamp on her potty chart and when its filled, a trip to Chuck E. Cheese. She knows when she listens to the first time or does something nice for her sister, she gets a flower for her pot. When she doesn't listen, she loses a flower. She counts her flowers daily knowing that when she gets 10 flowers she gets a special treat. Fits yield a 3 minute time out.

I realize there are some 3 year olds who may not quite have the grasp of their actions/consequences, but it is up to the parents to give them opportunites to learn right from wrong. As much as I love Dora the Explorer, she is not teaching my child valuable social skills. That's up to me and my husband!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Those are the same parents who say I don't know what happened when their kid does something serious in later years and goes to jail or worse.
I know. All I can say is responsibility is important, whether it's pets or kids or yourself.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

it is up to the parents to give them opportunites to learn right from wrong. As much as I love Dora the Explorer, she is not teaching my child valuable social skills. That's up to me and my husband!
I worry that the lazy parents (and generally, adults) are breeding faster than the responsible ones, though.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I worry that the lazy parents (and generally, adults) are breeding faster than the responsible ones, though.
i would have to agree with that one.

i worked in a mall game room right after i got out of high school. I used to see a lot
parents come in give there kid a couple of dollars , tell them to stay in the game room until they got done shopping , i got asked alot to watch someone kids. then they would get sooo mad at me when i would tell them sorry my job is not to watch your kids, and once there money was gone the kid would need to leave the store.

once i found a little 9 year girl hiding under a pinball machine, after i closed. I called the police, The little girl was able to give them her phone number, the mother came back to get her, turns out the 9 year old had been hiding under the machines for 4 hour!!!!!!! and the mother never noticed she was gone...worse part was the mother had another baby on the way

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i would have to agree with that one.

once i found a little 9 year girl hiding under a pinball machine, after i closed. I called the police, The little girl was able to give them her phone number, the mother came back to get her, turns out the 9 year old had been hiding under the machines for 4 hour!!!!!!! and the mother never noticed she was gone...worse part was the mother had another baby on the way
I would have had to of slapped that poor childs mom cause you know that girl had to be scared. And I think the police should have had a long talk with her about all the perverts in the world and how a 9 year old by herself is not a good idea. And then I would have had her head examined.
Dumb people in this world they are ruining it.