Owning a dog makes you more attractive if you are male, while a cat is a dealbreaker

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest, in my opinion of course.. I think that what ever animal if the person is an animal lover - people become more attractive with the animal they love most if that person has a passion for a certain animal or in common. 

To me a guy who likes or loves dogs and cats is attractive but a guy who loves cats is more attractive. I love both, but Angel is my girl so they have to like cats. If not it's a deal breaker.

Not everyone has everything in common with the person they date, engage or even marry. But people compromise. I couldn't date, engage or marry a guy if they hate or don't like cats. And dogs because I will always have a dog and a cat. I love horses, too and have always wanted one. But if we don't get a horse, I really don't care it's not a deal breaker. It's just a dream to have one someday. I just love all animals, but dogs & cats will always be in my world and if a guy can't handle that, then he's not for me!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This goes back to the old stereotype, dogs are somehow masculine pets and cats are somehow feminine pets.  Thankfully that stereotype is beginning to go away.  Like all stereotypes it is going to take awhile to go away completely.  I couldn't be involved with anyone who 'hates' any animal.  Animals simply are who they are, they are instinctual not conniving or out to get people.  Now there are animals that are still wild that I do not want to be in close proximity to but that isn't because I 'hate' them.  I have the unreasonable fear of snakes but I don't 'hate' them.  To hate them makes no sense, they simply are what they are.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The guy I met recently does not have any pets, but the fact that he said he had cats growing up made me like him all the more. I'd rather date a guy with cats/had cats/ or at least like them than a dog guy.

I guess the reason being, if the guy had a dog, or prefers dogs.. I know having a dog with my cats would not sit well with me. I like to think of "What if we hitch up.. what about my cats?"

If I didn't have any pets, I wouldn't care if the guy liked cats or dogs.
I'm with you on that one Karen!!