Ow....it hurts!

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just had oral surgery, what can i eat? i had my wisdom teeth taken out from the right side of my jaw this morning. 3 of 'em! Yes, you heard me right, 3 on one side. i look like a chipmunk now, and the anaesthetic (sp?) is starting to wear off, the pain is coming back on. Though my lips still feel swollen and numb

What can i eat for the next 2-3 days? Doctor said "liquid foods". i'm drinking instant cereal at the moment, and i'm still hungry.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had all 4 out at one time (they were all impacted) last year. I ate soft scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, and the 3rd day I ate mac-n-cheese. I think I drank carnation instant breakfast the first day though.

gilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh you poor thing
I hope that you feel better soon.

Will ice cream help? Not sure if it's too sensitive but I assume it will numb any pain? Also, blended soup and soft bread (really soft bread). Maybe soak the bread in the soap before you eat so it's mushy?

Bless you.... Dunno what I would do if I couldn't eat cos I am such a peig!!!!

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lived on yoghurt popsicles when I had mine taken out!!

What kind of drugs did the doctor give you? I was barely awake for the first week~

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told to avoid dairy with mine, have no clue why though, it was so long ago.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ash_bct

What kind of drugs did the doctor give you? I was barely awake for the first week~
The painkillers are Oxycodone W something? He said the drug is pretty strong and may cause drowsiness or nausea. So to take 1/2 a pill if my system couldn't handle it. i already took a whole one cos it's really hurting now.

Hrm...i gotta stock up on the yoghurt then. i love the Yoplait whips!!!
i'm craving for scrambled eggs now that you mentioned it, Tanya.

i think it's still bleeding cos i could taste blood. YUCK!
Doing this
would be a tough job tonight.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say yogurt, pudding, cottage cheese, ice cream, mashed potatoes, and the like. You could also just puree everything - that's what the hospital did when I got my tonsils out. It looked disgusting, but was edible, and filling.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep a towel on your pillow tonight, drooling (bloody drool) is pretty common after any molar extractions.

duke816

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think that he's telling you liquids is because they don't want anything getting packed into the holes. Did they give you one of those syringe things to squirt water in the sockets after you eat? I got mine out years ago and I remember eating breads and soggy cereal, but that is not nearly enough. Anything that's soft should be fine (including the veggies in soup), as long as you clean out the area after you eat. Please note, I am not a dentist!!!

Hope you're feeling better soon! Get cuddles from Hobbes!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hobbester

What can i eat for the next 2-3 days? Doctor said "liquid foods". i'm drinking instant cereal at the moment, and i'm still hungry.
A tequila Shoots should be fine Dear Pearly!
it´s a liquid food!
, after the third shoot maybe you don´t be full but you forget all about it!

...JUST KIDDING!
So sorry I couldn´t resist!!!

Sending good vibes for a soon recovery Chick!

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by duke816

I think that he's telling you liquids is because they don't want anything getting packed into the holes. Did they give you one of those syringe things to squirt water in the sockets after you eat?
Hope you're feeling better soon! Get cuddles from Hobbes!!
No....they didn't give me a syringe.
i'll prolly just rinse it out as usual. i think molar extraction is a good way to lose weight

hobbester

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

A tequila Shoots should be fine Dear Pearly!
it´s a liquid food!
, after the third shoot maybe you don´t be full but you forget all about it!

...JUST KIDDING!
So sorry I couldn´t resist!!!

Sending good vibes for a soon recovery Chick!
OMG Rigel!!!! YOU'RE SO RIGHT!!! That is JUST what i really need lol
Yup, 3 shots and i'll sleep through the whole week

kellyyfaber

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Girl, I know exactly how you're feeling. I had 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out last year. My husband would blend up (in a blender) beef stew and other soups for me. I also ate baby food for a few days (only the fruity ones
). I hope they gave you some painkillers for the next few days. Also, don't be surprised if you have some bruising. I looked like I went 7 rounds with Mike Tyson 2 days after my surgery. Hang in there. If you do the saltwater swish thing they tell you to do, you'll be healed up before you know it!!! (DO take full advantage of this to get your hubby to give you some extra TLC
)