Ow! Charley Horse!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How VERY strange...I haven't gotten one of those in over 8 years or so but I just got one when I woke up this morning for work! I feel your pain.
It hurt so bad, it was only one leg too. Dragging one leg around getting ready for work was not fun. It went away thank goodness, but I can still sort of feel it. At least I am no longer in bad pain.
I was not dehydrated. I drink plently of water all day every day.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Well that's artificially regulated... so probably not for me! But that is so weird that it happens to you at that time. How extra special.
Yeah... it's a good warning sign though... I know to run to the bathroom after the cramp passes and take care of a few things.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I have heard that pickle juice is good for it too. I just don't think I could drink it.
Thank you! I'm glad someone else has heard of it, I thought I was going crazy!

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get one about once every 3 months... always in the middle of the night, and always in my right leg. I have to sit there and rub the muscle while keeping my leg flexed to make it go away. If I dont.... it will keep throbbing. I usually wind up crying like a 2 year old from the pain. Then it will be sore for about the next 2 days. I know your pain.... they're a miserable thing to get.

oogieone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I get those...so what I do every night before going to bed I make sure to flex my foot upwards towards my head to stretch out my calf muscles...it seems to work to keep them at bay. I also try to eat bananas often. There is nothing worse than being woken up by one of those. And then your leg hurts for a few days afterward and you can feel the knot in your leg... I feel your pain!