Overweight Kev

22angel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ever notice that the diets they advertise anywhere all have the skinny ppl who don't need a diet??? Why not put the normal or fat ppl on there and make it appear realistic? Oh well. Maybe skinny ppl sell more diet stuff than normal ppl.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by KittenKrazy
Join the crowd, buddy ! I started on the South Beach diet Monday. At 5'6", and 195 lbs, I too am overweight, sigh.....
I know that there is a thread here for weight support, it looks good, I have also found a wonderful free site called Fitday.com its really neat. If you just want to chat, I'm on MSN and am always glad to talk diet !
Gotta say I love your incentive, though, its a neat idea, hmm, if I were to do that, I could donate about 60 boxes, hmmmm.
what all does this diet consist of? i've heard of it but
not sure how it works

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the metric system is the basis of SI units. It's supposed to be the units of measurements used throughout the scientific community. NASA has hopefully learnt this after crashing a rather expensive probe on Mars about a year ago, (could be more), after assuming French scientists used the imperial system. Though due to the USA scientific community refusing to recognise SI or use it, everyone else requires conversion charts.

But here's another fact. Promise it will be the last and will be returning back to the subject and end this hijacking. There is a metre long steel bar in France that weighs one kilogram that all other intruments of measure are based on. However, there is much controversy surrounding this because this steel bar is subject o contraction and expansion in weight so how can you tell which country's standard is correct?

Ok now I am really confused What are you British and Australians talking about? LOL?
Sam's in New Zealand.
I live in Australia though.

Good luck Kev with your endeavour to lose weight. I haven't got many owrds of advice. I don't believe in diets. Eat your foods in moderation. If calorie intake is high, then by all means reduce it by substituting healthy alternatives. Do allow some treats such as a slice of pizza or mudcake or whatever is your poison. Remember not to overdo it. And excercise. Start slowly if you don't regularly excercise. Do at least thirty minutes a day. The aim isn't to wear yourself out. The aim is raise your heart rate above its rest rate to work a little harder. And depending on your fitness level, raise it to the level at which calories and fat is burned off. Best thing to do is to see a doctor and work together to arrange a program that is suited to you. Make sure you have a support team that you can call upon in times of need, but it does look like you've figured this one out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kev

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
.... Make sure you have a support team that you can call upon in times of need, but it does look like you've figured this one out.
[/b][/quote]

mags - I have the best support team in the world - you lot. From births to deaths, happiness to sorrow - if TCS and you lot were not around - then more people would be needing doctors.

Kev
Believing that friends give the best support and prop you up when down