Overly attached??

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is your cat overly attached to you? My cat Alice screams for me all day long. She is glued to me. Sleeps with me every night. Jumps up onto my back and rides around. Uses her paw to touch my face. Sgw has her sister here but she likes me so much more lol

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Pipsqueak :rbheart: was that way. He was my shadow while I was home. Always watching me and following me everywhere unless he was napping. He would wait for me by the door too and bring his toys to the door which I would find upon my return. He was a very special boy and yet - at times quite annoying but I never minded his attentiveness and quite miss him tremendously. Attached kitties are very fun and always keep one company so you are never alone!!!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
My Milo was also super attached to me. I'm not sure I've ever been so loved before. He actually picked me out at the shelter. Although I was looking for another kind of cat, he was out of his cage getting attention from one of the volunteers and he reached out his paws towards me. When I picked him up, he crawled up my arm and snuggled his face in my neck. Of course I took him home that day.

He followed me everywhere, spent hours snuggling on my lap and slept cuddled up right next to me every night. While he tolerated others, he really did have eyes only for me. It just about killed me when he died from cancer at age 14. I've had other wonderful cats since then and love them all to pieces but none of them has ever been so totally devoted. It is a wonderful gift from a cat to be loved like this.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little bottle-baby kitty Friskies is that way, if he cannot see me he will come after me, opening doors, until he finds me. He comes up purring and rubbing around if I am upset. I've not ever had a cat as sweet and loving and looking after me as he has.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She makes me feel so loved and needed [emoji]128522[/emoji] I wouldn't know what to do without her.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Raven (RIP) was like that. I couldn't make a move at home without him right beside me. He would follow me around, sleep with me (always touching my face) and sitting in my lap if I stopped. I haven't had but one other one that was like that. I consider it an honor to have that kind of love from my fur babies.

View media item 256083

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Raven (RIP) was like that. I couldn't make a move at home without him right beside me. He would follow me around, sleep with me (always touching my face) and sitting in my lap if I stopped. I haven't had but one other one that was like that. I consider it an honor to have that kind of love from my fur babies.

View media item 256083
It really does make you feel so special to be loved like that. I love my Alice I talk about her all the time. My friends at work call me weird lol but she's my baby. Since I can't have any real babies she IS my baby.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It really does make you feel so special to be loved like that. I love my Alice I talk about her all the time. My friends at work call me weird lol but she's my baby. Since I can't have any real babies she IS my baby.
I have 2 daughters but everyone, including them, say I love my cats more. I don't, but I love them different. Umm, they show affection, they don't talk back, they may not clean up their mess but they DO cover it up, LOL.

I had 3 cats before I had kids and they were my babies. We celebrated their birthdays (when we got them), they got Christmas gifts, etc. I had them for 15+ years. We lost my oldest one, about 17 yrs, when my youngest daughter was 4. She never did warm up to my girls, LOL

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 daughters but everyone, including them, say I love my cats more. I don't, but I love them different. Umm, they show affection, they don't talk back, they may not clean up their mess but they DO cover it up, LOL.

I had 3 cats before I had kids and they were my babies. We celebrated their birthdays (when we got them), they got Christmas gifts, etc. I had them for 15+ years. We lost my oldest one, about 17 yrs, when my youngest daughter was 4. She never did warm up to my girls, LOL
Awww lol that's sweet [emoji]128522[/emoji] I have endometriosis and a cyst on my left ovary the size of a grapefruit. I am on 23. I found that out 3 months before God sent me Alice. She is my world. I will be having her a birthday party in September lol I buy her gifts allll the time. She never goes more than a month without a vet check up. Always has her flea and worm meds on time. She is just the number one thing in my life.

kiki marie 2010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Siamese kitty Kiki has always been clingy with me. She is a "Mama's girl" :) She sleeps on my pillow at night just as she did as a kitten. She can't figure out why she doesn't have much room now as she did when she was a tiny kitten LOL! She follows me from room to room meowing and rubbing on my legs. Sometimes even when she is sound asleep on her cat scratching post tower, she will hear me get up out of the chair during a commercial on TV so I can get a snack etc. and she will get up, jump down off of her tower and follow me! She will sit there with her eyes half open blinking in the bright kitchen light. I look down and say to her "Well you didn't need to get out of bed just because I left the room for 2 minutes silly kitty!" I'll then go sit back down and she will either go back on her tower or snuggle up in my lap (probably thinks if she lays on me I'll stay put where she can keep an eye on me LOL)

If I go outside to work in the yard she will run from one window to the other screaming at me thru the screen to get back inside. And when I do come back inside she scolds me by meowing very loudly but at the same time is rubbing on my legs purring very loudly.

She insists on being in the bathroom with me during showers and sits between the plastic liner and fabric shower curtain till I am done. She will meow if I don't say anything to her for more than a minute. (She must be making sure I didn't drown, go down the drain or sneak out of the bathroom without her LOL!)

My Fiancé tells me that when I go out to the store, or for a walk,  or anywhere she can't see me, she will meow very loudly while going from room to room looking for me. He tries to console her or distract her with her favorite toys but nothing works! When I get back home, she runs down the hall to the door and meows, purrs and flops over on her back holding onto my ankles not letting me walk LOL.

So yeah, my cat has major separation anxiety and is VERY attached to me!

Kiki asleep in her cat tower scratching post

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Lol how do u deal with that situation lol
I find it very depressing and I get jealous when I see him on his lap which also depresses me. At my age (nearly 71) I should be past these petty feelings. He's my cat but only when I feed them and give them treats. I have another cat, blighty a black and white street cat, who is going in the same direction as what whisky does blighty does.
Oh dear!

hmckinney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awww i wish my cats were this clingy. they like to get attention every now and then, and they all sleep on my bed or beside me from time to time, but mostly they mind their business, play with the others and the fosters, and sleep for a majority of the time. 

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chessy and I are very attached to each other.  He follows me everywhere (even up and down all of the 4 stories in our townhouse, and he's 14 with health issues), sits next to or on me, sleeps on my legs at night, and meows like crazy when I first come home or when he can't find me in the house.  Since he was recently diagnosed with kidney disease now he won't eat unless I'm sitting or standing there next to him, and he will keep looking up at me to make sure I'm paying attention to him, lol.  His favorite thing is to make biscuits on me and lay on my stomach when I'm laying on my back and get petted. 

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My old cat Waffles
was like that.  She'd run to the door when I got home from work and would walk around the house crying if she couldn't find me.  During thunderstorms she'd hide in my arms--even as an adult.  Once I had a baby of my own things changed a bit though.  I think she was jealous because I had a new#1 and I wasn't able to pay her as much attention as before.  But she always had to come to me for cuddles at night or if my kids were tormenting her (not that she didn't deserve it sometimes....she could be bit of an ass, LOL) 

Our new kitties have finally accepted their new home and us as their new family but I don't think they're overly clingy.  They have each other and are incredibly attached.  Pickles, the sister, is more emotionally-needy though.  So if Pepper, the brother, is having his alone time she will cry until she finds myself or my husband and snuggles up.  If she's desperate she will even snuggle up with one of my kids.  They are 4 and 1 years old so not a very gentle or predictable place to go! ha ha

ollieoxenfree

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wally isn't clingy so much as he the biggest mama's boy. He came into our lives about a month and a half after I lost my dog to old age and my heart desperately needed something to hold onto. I gradually turned Oliver into a version of a little dog with positive reinforcement and now he is in whatever room I am, even if it's just the bathroom he will get up from wherever he is and wait in front of the bathroom door. I have him trained to do interesting tricks and he is very in tune to me and my body language. He listens to me and we communicate all the time with looks. He is at the point now where I can barely walk from one room to the next because he's busy rubbing his cheeks all over my toes. He'll mew to be picked up and then he purrs like the Grand Band in my ear. 

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Wally isn't clingy so much as he the biggest mama's boy. He came into our lives about a month and a half after I lost my dog to old age and my heart desperately needed something to hold onto. I gradually turned Oliver into a version of a little dog with positive reinforcement and now he is in whatever room I am, even if it's just the bathroom he will get up from wherever he is and wait in front of the bathroom door. I have him trained to do interesting tricks and he is very in tune to me and my body language. He listens to me and we communicate all the time with looks. He is at the point now where I can barely walk from one room to the next because he's busy rubbing his cheeks all over my toes. He'll mew to be picked up and then he purrs like the Grand Band in my ear. 
Aw, that is so adorable.  

ollieoxenfree

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks :) It is quite cute but annoying if I am in a hurry or changing fish tank water or doing laundry!