Over weight???

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wodering how many of "us" are over weight and by how much??? I know people probably won't want to share much so that is why I will make it a poll! I am 60lbs over weight and I am starting to change my life for the better!!!

amanda8501

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would say that i am over weight but i do not feel that it has any bearing on my happiness or my life. Contrary to popular opinion you can be healthy and over weight....i would recommend a site....www.bigfatblog.com

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by journey

*sigh* I am 30 lb overweight if I want to get to my goal of 150 lb, but what I REALLY want is 130-140 lb which makes me 40 lb overweight.

It sucks cause I know its mostly due to my medication. I have the luxury (ha) though of my fat distributing evenly everywhere, so I don't look overweight to other people. No one can believe I'm 180 lb!! they think I'm 150 lb! yay for that at least.
I am in the same boat as you!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at a high normal weight until I went on this medical leave of absence and have since gained around 30 pounds, and am definitely overweight. It may partly be medication related as I'm taking a mood stabilizer. I'm trying to work it off, but it's not easy. Plus, there is NO way I'm ever giving up chocolate.
Anyway, I have goals, and I'm working towards them one day at a time.

Personally, I'd rather be a bit overweight than underweight. Unlike many people, I don't find being thin attractive, and should you get sick, it's likely there would be more complications than if the person was a bit overweight. Aesthetically speaking, Marilyn Monroe is so much more beautiful than Paris Hilton.

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've gained a bit of weight from medications that the doctors keep switching up. I'm working on getting back to the 125 lb. range, but I'm 21 and still fit into the clothes I have from high school, so I don't feel bad about myself.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by amanda8501

I would say that i am over weight but i do not feel that it has any bearing on my happiness or my life. Contrary to popular opinion you can be healthy and over weight....i would recommend a site....www.bigfatblog.com
I am happy the way I am, but my knees are happier when I am a bit smaller.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am actually underweight =( I am 18 years old.. and weighing in at only 88 lbs. People think I am anorexic by looking at my arms, because they have.. practically just skin and bones.. I need to get tested for some disease (the name excapes me right now)that won't let me gain weight.. but I am terrified of needles and am procrastinating.. and dreading the day the blood is drawn.. it freaks me out that much.

Good luck to those of you who are working to lose the weight!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far, the majority thinks they are overweight. I'm in the "not" category.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katspixiedust

Oooh good one Ryan...way to make me giggle in that flirty way girls have!
I wonder if I've heard that kind of giggle before.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't want to say how much more I have to lose, but I've lost over 75 and have more to go. Losing weight for me is about my health at this point...yo yo dieting (though on "good" diets such as weight watchers) ruined my metabolism, led me to dealing with being pre-diabetic, and a syndrome of issues including high bp and high cholesterol

Whatever you do..make your changes once and stick to it. If you fall off and regain some, make changes again..eventually, they will stick, but it's best if you just make that change in habits and diet, once

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I chose 5-10 lbs overweight. Everyone tells me I am not overweight, I look fine. I respond with I may look fine to you but I can feel the difference with my body. Does anyone else have that feeling?
I'm starting to cut out a lot of unnessary fat from my foods. I'm not going on a diet per say just eating more fat free foods, foods and veggies and I'm going to start to exercise regulary. I am hoping this will make a difference.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am 5'4" and I weigh in at 118 lbs, which I think makes me 'well-proportioned'.

Now, I may LOOK just fine, and the number might be where they're supposed to be, but I haven't worked out in about a month and MAN, do I feel GROSS! I eat fine, I pay a lot of attention to food labels, my sleep cycles, my nutrient intake, my junk food intake and what chemicals my cosmetic products have in them and everything etc., but unless I run a few miles or get into that swimming pool for my 36 laps...I feel like a big heaping pile of lazy.

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am 6'1 and 185lbs. I was 193lbs a month ago. So I have lost some weight and I have been getting my six pack back like I used have. But it is hard for me to keep my abs. If I quit working out for more then a week (which happens because of the traveling I do with my job and trainings I do) I get a little flab to easy.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm 5'7" and I weigh 145, and I'm not overweight, but the women in my family all have weight problems, so I go to the YMCA regularly to keep myself in shape, I don't want to have weight problems when I get older.

My mom has just recently lost 55lbs on weight watchers, I'm so proud of her!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pepper Girl

I chose 5-10 lbs overweight. Everyone tells me I am not overweight, I look fine. I respond with I may look fine to you but I can feel the difference with my body. Does anyone else have that feeling?
I'm starting to cut out a lot of unnessary fat from my foods. I'm not going on a diet per say just eating more fat free foods, foods and veggies and I'm going to start to exercise regulary. I am hoping this will make a difference.
I am like that,
According to the healthy book, i am just at the border.
But i am now down to 57 thank god! and i plan to get down to atleast 50 - 55 kilograms!