Outside or Inside

purrfectionist

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been involved in a similar debate before and was left surprised by the difference in opinion between people in the UK and our American friends. They all seem to believe that the only option is to keep cats indoors for a number of reasons ranging from the spreading of diseases to feral outbreaks or for the increased risk of abuse from cruel humans!
My cats roam in and out as they please but are always in for the night and I would'nt have it any other way!
As far as I'm concerned they need the outdoors as much as the indoors and although the life expectancy is shorter for outdoor cats the varied life is much better for them after all we make the most of our short lives so I think they should be able to put those 9 lives to the test!

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by blondiecat
Wow Kim I love the enclosure! I but my boys would like that
Cathi- I bet they would, too. I think my boys like being indoors just as much as they like the enclosure... They love air conditioning when it's hot and they tend to sleep inside more but in the winter they LOVE hanging out in their enclosure night and day....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have not long got a ketten called, Trigger and hope to have him more as a outside iinside cat.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think people should be "put down" for having outside cats.

I have Persian cats and my desexed ones spend most of their life outside(their choice) and I have breeding cats who go out for periods each day, Cats are from the wild so I have absolutely NO problems about mine going outside, We live on a quite street with under 10 houses and it's great!

Sam.