Outside kitty brought in with new kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's the same color as his normal poo. He had it twice this week. He does have his first vet visit this week so he will be wormed and checked out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like he had a minor upset tummy. The worming should help. Let us know how the vet visit goes! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little Oliver got neutered and wormed and vaccinations. It was quite a ordeal and a long story...they mixed up cat's and gave me and another lady each other's kitties! Halfway home we both realized it and called the vet in total panick! He was scrunched in the back of the carrier so all I saw was eyes when they handed him to me and I wanted to get him home quick. So... yeah,insane! And another irritation is that they cut his nails,very short,without asking me. Is that normal? He can't even grip onto anything!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh my word!

Did the vet explain how the mix-up occurred?

His nails will grow back, but they should have asked you.

I'm not sure I'd trust that vet's office again!

How's Oliver doing tonight?

Last edited:

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah they said there were no names on the cages,and the paperwork was mixed up too! Geez! I had a Safe voucher so I had to take him to a certain clinic. I will Not be going back there. When we went back to exchange our kitties my Oliver just buried himself in my neck... poor boy! :( He's good tonight,he's a small cat so hes still having trouble getting on my bed etc because of the short claws! I took his mom there to be spayed and it was OK but won't be going back.

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And he's supposed to be calm (lol),after the neutering,so the falling off of everything because of no grip doesn't help! I'm venting, I'm still mad!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad you won't be going back. That's inexcusable and unprofessional.

The clinic I use puts the cat's names on the carriers with masking tape.

His little claws will grow back very quickly!

lisastuber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes,very unprofessional! I had just trimmed his nails the day before too. Sheesh!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't blame you for feeling mad! Just glad it got straightened out as quickly as it did.

Males heal quickly. My 3 males were neutered at 12 weeks, and resumed playing the minute they got home. Oliver will be fine!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad you won't have to use that vet again!  I know that SOME vets will trim automatically, but I'd be concerned that no one noticed that his claws were freshly trimmed....well...considering that they mixed up your kitten with another one, I guess it's all of a piece.  Dear Lord.