Outside cat.

blueberriebliss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok... we have an outside cat.. and.. He is hurt right now. His back bone, very back bone, is sore, and his hip is sore. I still believe he should go to the vet. I am just wondering if anyone knows if it could be sprained or actually broken. I do know he has a bump on it, and if you touch it lightly, he growls at you. Any input is welcome. Thanks.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take your kitty to the vet as soon as possible. It may have been hit by a car. Grabbed by a dog and shaken. Kicked by a stranger. and so on. It may have internal injuries or broken bones. Please don't leave this kitty in pain, take it to the vet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueberriebliss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
uh see I would love to. He has always gotten in fights, and always hurt. Mom says "he'll live" So she said in a couple of days, if he is still hurt, to take him. He doesn't roam near the busy roads/highways or anything. He just gets in a lot of fights, and he is like 18 years old.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All the more reason to take this cat to the vet and quickly!

blueberriebliss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
all the more reason to understand that I have no money and therefore I can't do it myself.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can talk to your mom again about that and telling your mother what DragonLady said and she may go to the vet with your cat . Please try one more time , maybe this time your mom is listening to you .It looks to me that your cat is in a lot of pain .So please try one more time for the cats sake .

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will assume that this cat isn't neutered. I guess you will just have to really beg and tell your mom he needs help. Tell her by waiting a couple of days it will most likely cost triple the amount to fix. That will give the injury time to become infected or the bones will begin to knit out of place. Something that could be a simple fix could turn into real $$$ if not treated right away.

Just because the kitty doesn't go near the street doesn't mean some jerk won't throw it in front of a car. There are many mean people out there that have no problem shooting, or poisoning a cat.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't you have a job? Isn't there a vet that will hold a post dated check? Is there a Humane Society that can help with the cost? Can you get a draw on your paycheck?

I had a dog of mine hit by a car and needed his jaw reconstructed and pulled $2000.00 from my wedding fund to pay the vet. Sometimes they have a credit plan that will help and you can make payments.

Until you find out what is wrong you won't know what the cost is going to be. Just be upfront with the vet and tell him your situation. Perhaps you can work cleaning cages or mopping floors to pay off the bill.

blueberriebliss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
haha.. I need my money to pay for bills I already have, and to help pay for my apartment next year. its hard enough. I want to take him to the vet. I dont work many hours. But I will see how he is doing tomorrow.

blueberriebliss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
and he is neutured. mom just neutured him at a late age. He was a stray when we found him, and we took him in. Had him ever since.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by blueberriebliss
haha.. I need my money to pay for bills I already have, and to help pay for my apartment next year. its hard enough. I want to take him to the vet. I dont work many hours. But I will see how he is doing tomorrow.
What is so funny I am serious. It seems that saving an animal from being in pain is a lot more important than anything else. If you don't work many hours you should have time to help out at a vets office or even at the Humaine Society to pay for his treatment. I would go to any length to help my kitties and keep them healthy just as I do for my children.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This cat is 18 and injured and he will probly die if you dont get him to the vet. You need to tell your mom that EXPERIENCED cat owners have all told you the same thing. If she cares at all for the cat she will do it.

blueberriebliss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I find it funny because you all think that a hurt cat can die. I don't believe that just because an animal is hurt, like this, that it will just die. He is doing better today. Still sore. He can jump onto stuff now and whatnot. We still won't let him outside.