Outdoor cat issues in new neighborhood

animal_cracker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently moved to a new neighborhood and our outdoor cat is causing strain for a neighbor. He chooses to have a cat door and our cat has been sneaking in at dusk, stealing their cats food and being a jerk. It wasn't an issue at first and we pleaded them to make our cat feel unwelcome there to not start any habits. Apparently no effort was made and now our cat is starting to cause issues there. He doesn't play nice, eats their food, etc.

Our cat was once an indoor cat but he suffered a tail pull injury. He cannot have complete stools and he drops partial stools unaware. We have a young daughter and she kept finding the stool on the floor, on the couch, wherever. It was gross but also a health hazard.

I want to know if there is any amicable way to resolve this. We went from being OK with our neighbors to them resenting us for making our cat an 'issue for the whole neighborhood to deal with'.

Any help? Otherwise we may have to take him to a shelter. The only problem is there are so many cats in our city, he'd just be one out of a million and have no chance.

So I don't want to rehome him, I don't want to have him indoors... I don't know what to do :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

animal_cracker

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've only heard that application for dogs. Not for cats. Does it work well? I feel like he will find a way around it still

zoneout

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure. I assume they have a version for cats. Not sure what else you can do other than you lock him in or they lock him out.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
What about an outdoor enclosure? Or put up a privacy fence with netting at the top to keep him contained to your yard?