Out of the Blue Vomitting.

Tauros_Tauron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 month old, indoor kitten, Matthew, seemingly randomly got sick this morning as I was preparing to leave for work. While at work, it was reported to me that he got sick at least one more time, possibly a second. The vomit, according to my Mom, had bile in it, and was yellow.
I leave for work a little before 6AM so he hadn't had much of a chance to eat, as compared to the rest of the day. Definitely had the side heaving contractions before getting sick.

Bit of a background, the previous day, there was a birthday party which left him incredibly stressed out and he was caught chewing on decorations a few times. Nothing was seen ingested but that doesn't rule anything out. Otherwise, nothing has changed in his diet or life style.

I'm keeping a close eye on him currently, he's eating a little here and there of his own volition, and it's been several hours since he last knowingly got sick. I can't judge how lethargic he is currently due to this being the time of day he is most sleepy. Just looking for some thoughts as I try to figure out what I should do next.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I'm guessing he did in fact ingest something. I'm hoping he passes whatever it might have been soon, if by chance it didn't already come out one of the times when he threw up :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tauros_Tauron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
I'm guessing he did in fact ingest something. I'm hoping he passes whatever it might have been soon, if by chance it didn't already come out one of the times when he threw up :)
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Thank you for the reply. I'll continue to keep an eye on him just in case.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a cat who loves to chew on things, too: ribbons, strings, shoelaces, leather... I often found pieces of them in the litter box. 😱
We've also banned rubber bands in the house. If there's a pattern in what your cat chewed, you might want to make sure those items are always stored where your cat can't reach them. Some cats tend to chew when they're bored or stressed.

I hope all's well with your cat!